Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to find myself a good place to get the Duc serviced etc - and the Ducati dealer here is frikkin miles away and totally shite. Been recommended to use Scott Walker, and someone said that he knows a few of the SBR guys in Singers... He is also apparently a good mate of Joe's.. Can anyone shed any light on the subject??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yeah

I've met him a couple of times at Joe's ( Minerva at the time) but that was a long time ago.
He's definately well clued up on the Duc's. He used to help me and Simon out a lot.
If i remember rightly he did quite a bit of training in Italy and has spannered for some top guys in Oz.

Have you seen the specs on the new 999. 10 more horses and 6 or so kilos less. If you hold a shell to your ear you can hear Legend sobbing! :crying: :twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: Yeah

bigphil said:
..... 10 more horses and 6 or so kilos less. If you hold a shell to your ear you can hear Legend sobbing! :crying: :twofinger
Ahh ... how the 'aged' forget things so easily ...

Like the infamous R1 ... I also managed to put the pressure on Mary at Minerva and got her to pull a few strings ....

Mine is actually a 2005 spec 999RSR with the magnesium frame, titanium pistons, platinum coated bores and fitted with the official 'factory' big bore kit taking it to 1149cc's and putting out a claimed 165 rear wheel hp for a dry weight of ..... 169.5 kg's....

A truely Legendary bike it is ....

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,

Mine is actually a 2005 spec 999RSR with the magnesium frame, titanium pistons, platinum coated bores and fitted with the official 'factory' big bore kit taking it to 1149cc's and putting out a claimed 165 rear wheel hp for a dry weight of ..... 169.5 kg's....
All that internal shite makes fek all difference when you bin it Ledge:twofinger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: Re: Yeah

Legend said:
Sadly it would still get smoked at the track by almost any fool on a half as expensive Suzi or R1 :eek:

Have to say, there is nothing like passing brand new $40k Aprillia's and Ducati's on my three year old piece of jap crap :twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Cheeky

Ahh ... how the 'aged' forget things so easily ...
Heh! theres fark all wrong with my mind ya Kiwi git. Sounds more like your mind is as confused as yer ego :twofinger

SO when's the next stag do :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts