1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LOL, utterly rediculous. This thing would collapse the entire economy.
Imagine any large metropolitan area, when traffic ruitinely goes 10 miles above the limit. Chances are most every person goes on that highway and exceeds the limit twice a day. Lets take dallas. Pupulation 1.1million (surely its more then that) if only one person out of the household drives to work (doubt it) we can assume we have 300k drivers exceeding the speed limit twice a day. At $100 a ticket the daily revenue (or tax) would be 30mil. Thats 10.9 billion dollars a year. Or $36.5k dollars a year per family. With the average household income somewhere in the $50k range, it doesnt leave enough money to pay the federal tax, much less do something like buy food.
They are going to have to drop speeding fines to a quater before this could work...

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
They will record every aspect of a vehicle's performance and automatically issue a ticket every time the vehicle exceeds a speed limit.
Are you KIDDING?? Could you imagine the cost of ONE trip to work?? Ooops, didn't use your turn signal to change lanes so here's your TICKET...uh oh, didn't come to a COMPLETE stop before you turned on a red light....here's another one for speeding to pass a car....oh, and another because you're driving too close to the idiot in front of you who won't change lanes.

Rediculous. Pfft...I'd rather ride my BICYCLE to work!:finger:

Jen

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
CruiserErik said:
You aren't from here :twofinger :laughing:
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment and certainly not meant to be taken seriously.

People not speed? Please, you've got a better chance of turning Charles Manson into a choir boy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thats why I choose to ride. Imagine if your bike put the brakes on itself. Sounds like something BMW would think of.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts