Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

My bike is listed on the bike classifides on this web site and already someone is trying to scam it. I recall reading a couple of articles on here about it and really thought nothing of it. Well, here is the message in it's entirety from the "buyer".

Hello Michael,
Thanks for the e-mail and for telling me the condition of the Bike i have spoken with my client and he okay with the price and Condition,he has ready to pay for the Bike which he as already make arrangement for the payment by check which you will be expecting A Certified cashier check of $10,000 And Asap you have receive the check of $10,000 you will deduct the cost of the Bike which is $6,800, and send the Balance Of $3,200 to my shipper via western union as soon as you receive the check from my client my shipper will be settling for the pickup.After the balance has been wired to the shipper they will come for the pickup at your destination to pick up the Bike. So let me have your full contact information where the check will be sent to like this.
name............
fulladdress..........
city..............
state............
country..............
zipcode............
cell telephone number......
Looking forward to your respond and don't forget the photes of the Bike cos my client will like to see what is paying for and my shipper willbe contacting you to make Arrange the pickup with you Asap i have the information where you want my client to mail the check to. Best Regards.
Mrs Jersey...........

All I can say is............ GOOD LOOKING OUT! :)

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
assholes man. assholes everywhere.:mad:

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Been there, done that. Report the email address to the hosts. I posted my finding here a few months ago and got flamed for it. Seems membership has, yet again, shifted.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
kanwisch said:
I posted my finding here a few months ago and got flamed for it.
Really? When/where?

Sorry for the :topic:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
WRXSTi said:
Ladies and Gents,

My bike is listed on the bike classifides on this web site and already someone is trying to scam it. I recall reading a couple of articles on here about it and really thought nothing of it. Well, here is the message in it's entirety from the "buyer".

Hello Michael,
Thanks for the e-mail and for telling me the condition of the Bike i have spoken with my client and he okay with the price and Condition,he has ready to pay for the Bike which he as already make arrangement for the payment by check which you will be expecting A Certified cashier check of $10,000 And Asap you have receive the check of $10,000 you will deduct the cost of the Bike which is $6,800, and send the Balance Of $3,200 to my shipper via western union as soon as you receive the check from my client my shipper will be settling for the pickup.After the balance has been wired to the shipper they will come for the pickup at your destination to pick up the Bike. So let me have your full contact information where the check will be sent to like this.
name............
fulladdress..........
city..............
state............
country..............
zipcode............
cell telephone number......
Looking forward to your respond and don't forget the photes of the Bike cos my client will like to see what is paying for and my shipper willbe contacting you to make Arrange the pickup with you Asap i have the information where you want my client to mail the check to. Best Regards.
Mrs Jersey...........

All I can say is............ GOOD LOOKING OUT! :)
Yeah I received the same thing, it is a scam. Be nice if it was true but then again if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Thanks for your post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts