Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NC Highway Patrol has started a crack down on sport bike activity on NC178. They had a roadblock st up yestrdaty to do licence checks. I was in my Truck at the time (no bike) and the Trooper told me that they were there to deal with the bikes that had been burning up the road.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
The Smackdown crew was on it but didn't have any problems. It was a bit of a blurr at those speeds but no Cops or at least none that could catch us. :D

·
Registered
455 Posts
OOPS Guess that was at least partially our fault:p :p :p

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow...this thread just reminded me how much I miss living in SC. I am originally from Seneca, SC, and I used to ride US 178 to Rosman all the time. What a great road!!!! The only local road that's better than that is US 276 (Caesars Head). I want to ride back home and visit my parents just so I can experience these two roads again. Let me tell ya.......the curves in Florida suck!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks!! I'll be sure and drop you a line when I come back up there (which I hope is very soon). I'm always looking for people to ride with. So, have you ridden Caesears Head road (276)??? If you haven't, you really need to.
Oh, yeah, there are curves in FL but most of them are Interstate on/off ramps. hehe
ERIC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Eric! Yes, I am very familiar with Ceaser's Head 276 & 215 & SC/GA/NC 28, SC/NC/109, Blue Ridge, Warwomen Rd GA, Lots of other roads: GA60, 129, 180. Come on back bud! I am takin a long weekend this weekend Thurs, Friday & Saturday to ride. Hopefully the cop activity will be low Thurs & Friday. E-mail me for my home phone number

1 - 9 of 9 Posts