Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members

Re: The End of SBR

Come the end of February 2005, the existing memberships will come to an end. For those of you that attended the AGM last year, you will possibly remember that it was the general intention of the committee and most of the attending members to shut the club down in its official capacity.

To do this we will need to have an ‘Extra-ordinary General Meeting’ to agree on legally shutting it down and using-up/donating remaining SBR funds as per the club’s current constitution. I am proposing this meeting will be held on Wednesday 26th January 2005 and will e-mail an agenda to the current membership very soon.

There has been no activity this year but it has been proposed to a couple of us on the committee that we should hold the following in the last month:

1) Tutored Track Sessions For Members
2) An End of Club Social Event

So far everyone I have spoken to about this is in favour of doing both and this time we are actually going to do something.

Tutored Track Sessions
We have sounded out Cameron McDonald to see whether he would like to come over to Singapore and conduct track sessions for our members. He has indicated that he would indeed like to do this and will be available in February 2005 to provide training.

Sepang is closed through February, so we will have to make to with the Johor Circuit. Subject to availability & response from members we are probably looking at the last week in February to hold the event, subject to availability.

We estimate that with only a very small club membership, I believe 15 including the committee, we will need him from between 3-5 days. We intend to take track time during the week rather than weekends, so those participating will need to take time off to take advantage.

At this stage we are proposing scheduling his time for ‘One-on-One’ or perhaps ‘One-on-Two’ riders depending on the response and availability of members. We anticipate that current SBR members will be allowed two one hour sessions with Cameroon. We will work out the details when we have an idea of who is taking part and when.

Although the training is free for SBR members, you will have to pay for the usual track hire.

I am going to donate the use of my ZX-636 for Cameron to use during the SBR sessions so he has something to ride. Gareth has kindly offered board and lodging for Cameron whilst he’s here.

We are in the midst of negotiating fee’s and expenses with Cameron. Please allow us do come up with a package that is fair both to him and the club. At present, we intend to pay him a small fee to conduct the track sessions and put some money towards his air-fare, but not the entire fare as he may have other options after he completes our sessions.

Expenses for the bike during the SBR sessions will be paid for by the club, including tyres and minor servicing.

The overall expenditure for the club for this event should around S$2.5K if we do it economically.

End of Club Social Event
Subject to the actual success of the Track Event, we would like to hold a last bash for SBR. This could take the form of a dinner or a drink-up. We are looking for a current member to help out here, suggest location and get something organised.

Initial thinking is that it will be a subsidised event. The club will put up S$1K which we will then drink and eat till funds run out and then stand by your wallets gentlemen!

Tsunami Victims Donation
The SBR events mentioned above will no doubt use up the majority of funds before the proposed end of the club on 28th February 2005.

I have yet to fully investigate the actual procedure for shutting the club down and whether there are any expenses. I will advise shortly.

As per our constitution the current membership will vote on which charity to donate any remaining funds and at this point I think we would all be agreed on Tsunami Victims, probably the Singapore Red Cross which would allow us to simply issue a cheque with the remaining funds.

Last Word
This ‘memo’,(for want of a better word), is purely tentative at this stage. We are open to suggestions/variations provided that they are well thought out and constructive. We all have limited time and resources to offer the club so we hope that what we are suggesting is both realistic and fair.

If you want these last events to work out well we need your understanding and support.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Who?

I'm keen to know more about this Cameroon McDonald fella....... A fast food eating african maybe? ;)

Sorry to hear that SBR will be no longer.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Drink it or donate it

Not that I have much say in the issue but Id either drink all of it or donate all of it.
Since we can all afford to pay for track days and beer donating it to the Red cross would be a good thing to do.
If your drinking it let me know when and Ill come over to help:D

BTW, well done Boycie with the accounts and stuff, It was a shit job and with no support from any twat you did great:thumb:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'll say it again

Looks good to me also Boycie.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
.... I was quite keen on the idea of a trackday ... simply so I can get the 999r on the track for the first time ...

What better time to bin it than in front of all the old timers at the last 'offical' SBR track day :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
The casting Vote

Track Day, subsidised dinner and balance to the Tsunami fund.

Sounds like aplan.. I'm right behind you Boycie

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Help Please

1) Any current member that hasn't received an e-mail of this post, please let me know immediately.

2) For those of you who cannot or will not attend the Extra-Ordinary meeting on 26th January 2005, please let me know. I will email you an agenda and you can indicate your vote. Venue to be decided, possibly Mollies but who knows if the new decor works for us???

3) Wolverine II, the current e-mail you have with us is for a university. Now that you're all grown up and got a job proper, might help to let me know your new e-mail. I tried calling your handphone, but it turned out to be a giggling school girl that wanted to come round and rub baby oil into my thighs! ( I assume that wasnt you!) Call me or SMS your e-mail.

4) Chumley, can you get hold of MOTH & HOBBS. They're still members but e-mail bounced back. I know they have probably want nought to do with us but I need them to vote by proxy etc.

5) Assuming Track Tutoring is voted in, have already spoken to PG and weekdays end of feb looks good.

6) Spoken to No.5 Emerald Hill, they are willing to give us upstairs bar area for fun and frollicks any night except Friday/Saturday. If the End of clubs celebration is voted in, then I suggest Thursday 17th Feb 2005.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just an idea

For those "paid up" members that don't/can't attend the track day we could raffle off the vid cam. Thats if BBQ ever gets it back to us!:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Guys, did i miss anything?

I thought of subscribing for the membership this year, its a pity the club is shutting down.

:crying:

I reckon i did miss out alot afterall

:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts