Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok fellas, since some of you were asking about lap times, here are some of mine. I just started noting some of them after reading these posts, so these times are from the last couple days.
my settings are:
rider level: 2
throttle and brake help both turned OFF
rider movement on
rider assist off
auto trans on, because game has a bug that makes downshifting into corners a bitch and I hate it when program errors cause me to get PASSED!! (although you can actually go faster with manual trans on)
brake power at 100%
and i set the computer racers at real, cause i like to race the fast guys!
Monza superpole: 1.39.81
Monza race: 1.38.12
Brands Hatch race: 1.22.50
A1 qualifying: 1.24.70
Assen superpole: 2.01.23
Assen Race: 1.57.85
Nurburgring race: 1.35.22
Misano race: 1.28.22
Kyalami race: 1.34.84
Those are just a few, but i usually forget to write em down. lol...anyway, post some of yours so we can all guage ourselves. And by the way, the less help u have turned on the faster you can go!!! c-ya

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Using KidZX's settings, ive gone 1:28 at Misano and tonight i won at Albecete Spain with a best lap of 1:27:21 on the ZX7RR with manual tranny.

:p :p :p

Spain is a mean track, 90% twisties..itll get the best of you with a ton of increasing and descreasing back to back twisties...TOUGH TRACK!

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great laps GREEN!! if your turnin 1.28 at misano, that's smokin!!! Tonight i raced at albacete, and qualified with a time of 1.27.21 which was good enuff for the pole, with the computer racers set to real. unfortunately, i got a little too carried away battling with Fogarty and bit it on the second lap!! that really sucked, but I battled back and finished third and put together some pretty quick times while rippin it up with Chili. somehow I managed a 1.26.88 and a 1.26.51 on back to back laps with both of em in traffic....go figure! Then i went to Hokkenhiem and qualified with a lap time of 1.53.58 which got me the pole also. During the race i ran a 1.52.25 and won the race pretty easily. For both of the above races, i was riding the R7 Yamaha. Then i decided to try out the RC45 at hokkenhiem. That thing flat out rips at the top end and i ran an asphalt blistering 1.49.57 with a vapor trail behind me!! That thing hit 201 mph a couple of times...damn i HATE HONDA's!!!!!!

------------------

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been playing @ rider level max, all aides off, manual trans. and manual lean - and I was getting 1:47s and 1:48s at Monza. I can barely beat the AI at level 3 (one down from "real". Man I thought there was something wrong with me! I tried the settings above (rider level @ 2, braking 100%, etc...)and I too was able to get some quick laps in. 1:45.xx at Monza my first time out, after some practice, Iam sure I will get faster.

Someone please post your laptimes with all aides off and realism on max. I really want to know if Iam the only one getting crappy laptimes.

------------------

·
Registered
873 Posts
Also, i run the races at full legnth, all laps, usually 20-26 laps. This is critical because i feel a big factor in the race is fatique and consistency, and after 15 laps things can start to get REAL tiring. Its all focus and concentration. Anyone can run a 5 lap race but the 25 lap races are a bitch!

(ive often ended up saying to myself reassuringly "dont F&^%kup!, dont F&^%kup!, dont F&^%kup!" on the last 3 laps of several tough races)

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited July 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahahaaa!!! i've had that same "dont F**k up NOW!" feeling myself Greenninja..lmfao.. But that's the fun of this game. you just get really caught up in it. The realism is astounding. I dont know if you are all racing with the cpu racers skill level at the max, but let me tell you that i think the AI is really bumped up when set to real. I know that a lot of guys on other boards for the game have said that they think the AI blows, but i got into a HEATED race with Corser lastnight. That D**KHEAD and I were bangin plastic for about 10 full laps! i guess he didnt like it when i USED HIM AS A BERM going into the corkscrew at Laguna..lol. but he got me back a lap later, which just pissed me off and then IT WAS ON! he followed me thru traffic and we got clear to the front, bangin on eachother the whole freakin' time..it was a BLAST!! Then with only 3 laps left, Bostrom made a charge at me for the win, but I held him off while having that same "Dont [email protected]#k up" feeling.. it was great!
I also ran A1 lastnight and improved on my time there...i ran a 1.24.19 in the superpole with the really sticky rubber. then i ran a 1.24.64 during the race.
Just to let you guys know, the new release date for SBK2K1 is 10/15/00. hopefully they will have the multiplayer online codes fixed. I read that the game will have 16 tracks , which means that they will add the 3 new tracks that the sbk series ran this year and that there will also be 7 bikes. I'm guessing that the RC51 will be Honda's entry and that the seventh bike must be the Bimota SB8R, which Anthony Gobert is racing on this year. Should be a very cool game.

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts