Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine wrecked the other day and broke four ribs and smashed his shoulder. The doctor said it was the worst he has ever see. We were going around a corner, a 25mph corner at 40 cause there was a lot of gravel and we were being careful, but I saw the whole thing in my mirror, it really freaked me out. It just came right out from under him into a ditch, and then the bike landed on him. It really sucks when you see a good friend hurt. Anyway I am trying to help him out, and I need to find fairings/bodywork for a 98 gsxr750. Any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a practically perfect set of red/blk/silver '98 GSXR-750 plastics. I saw your post, and then I checked in the shop to see if they were still there. I couldn't find the tank, though, (I may have already sold that, I'm getting old (25), and getting dementia). If you are interested in the plastics, e-mail me at [email protected], and let me know. I might also be interested in your friend's wrecked plastics, (if you have ALL the little pieces so I can play jig-saw puzzle), maybe a trade and some money.:D

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'll bet if he tried really hard on that corner he could crash at an even higher speed. 40 in 25mph corner with loose gravel? Sorry that he hurt himself, but I wouldn't really call that being careful. Did he go to the Jack Kavorkian school of riding, or what?

·
Registered
113 Posts
5th?! 40 in a 25 is understandable (we all like to speed),but not with gravel dude. Glad to hear your bud is not hurt worse...:(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Almost been there!

Hey that stuff happens and any of us who push it (you know what I mean) has come close a few times, be honest. I just got back from one of those go fast, lots of twisties, gee isn't this fun kinda' rides and almost lost it in a corner! which shocked me 'cause I tend to be very precise and always assume that there will be something in the road that I haven't seen yet. Well there it was blocked by tall grass, right in the apex on the white line a small pile of sand about 1-2' in diameter and deep. Thanks to a very forgiving bike I missed it. In hindsight I should have realized that the grass was high enough to hide something ( it was that tight )and at that lean angle it could've been interesting!
Shortly after that I ran across some gravel that was perfectfully colored to match the pavement making it extremely hard to see! haven't seen that in awhile! another "could have been interesting!"

Sorry so long, I'll quit babling dear! Ride safe!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Re: Almost been there!

MMF4i said:
...Shortly after that I ran across some gravel that was perfectfully colored to match the pavement ...
Sounds kinda like "pavement".

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, GRAVEL as in loose pieces, as in pepples, rocks, small stones not attached to the surface. Sometimes as bad as ice! I consider pavement as a solid surface attached if you will, at least ideally.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts