Sportbike World banner

Santa's Present

953 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Koda 
#1 ·
Santa's present? Huh What to ask Santa for this year? You know, I had to ask myself a couple of questions this year. 1st.. what is my favorite thing to do? Easy enough, RIDE. ok. How long have I been riding? Well...looks like about 32 years.

Ok, what do the numbers tell us about flurting with disaster? The numbers say, if you do a high rist thing (ride, race, dive, sky dive, hand glide, driving, what ever) long enough with out "incident", the numbers go up that you will have an "incident" eventualy. If the numbers are that you will have a motorcycle crash within the first 10 years that you ride, and you've never been in a wreck for the 32 years that you've been riding, the numbers say that you (me) are do for an "incident", maybe soon!

So.......as I enventory my gear for my "favorite thing to do", I look at safety this year saying, what am I missing? Sport bike boots. Shame on me, but, I don't have any. This summer I was taping my ankles for my 400 mile rides, guess you could say I'm getting older. But.....after about 250 miles wearing tennis shoes, my ankles are feeling it, not to mention the safety thang. Damn the bad luck.

My thought and question to you is: What are you asking Santa for this year?:huh:
Think about it, it's worth the thought

See less See more
#2 ·
like yourself years under my belt no accidens. been close though.. hard question to answer:dunno: . have all the bike gear have the bike, live in england so thinking of the time of year and the shit weather, a couple of ps2 games would fit the bill.... its warm indoors!!!!! . will treat myself to the new R1 in the new year though merry xmas......red1;)

Attachments

#3 ·
Fully geared, got a bike for now.

Time. I need more time. Major overhaul of the basement, and my baby 'ceptor needs a valve job, oil leak trace, fluid changes, and assorted other maint.

Doesn't look like I'll get it either. Wife blew out her knee in competitive volleyball, so I get to take care of her and our son, while doing the cooking, home maint, and lots of other stuff :crying:

Maybe next year.

#5 ·
Well, not sporbike related, but I got a season pass for the local ski resort.

I only ask that santa, or jesus(or satan) brings me the ability to land the 720. (and it doesn't look like i'm gonna get it):mad:

#6 ·
Guys,
How does this happen, were grown adults, (well as old as adults anyway) we should have some good connections by now.:) We should be hooked up. What's up with that?

>I only ask that santa, or jesus(or satan) brings me the ability to land the 720.
Dude, I am so sad for you :( No Santa connect, No Jesus connect, not even the big bad ass hole :finger: himself, that's not right. Your gonna have to work on your connections man. We should not be left in the dark like this.

>(and it doesn't look like i'm gonna get it)
:crying: :crying: Your hurtin me, I'm feelin ya, the pain.......I'll tell you what, I check with my people, have them get with your people, and see what can be done.

What else could I say? :dunno:

Be Good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.