Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, just want your opinion on this......... I layed down the ZX6 a few weeks ago and finally I get the news from the insurance company. Total damage estimate is a little over $3400. Salvage value (To buy it back from them if wanted) is only $640. Now since the bike books for $4200 they are letting me decide on whether to fix it, total it, or total it and buy it back. Other than cosmetic damage it has a bent rim and bent forks. I have a new fender, polished rim and a set of forks ready to go. So my question is should I total it and walk away, or should I total it and buy it back to fix it? I don't want to keep this bike after it's fixed though, might just ride it the rest of the summer, and then see what I can sell it for on ebay with a salvaged title in september. What do you figure it'd go for with a salvaged title? After I fix it the only cosmetic damage will be scratches on the upper fairing (Both sides) and a cracked mid left fairing. Laying it down scratched the left side can, but I have a Yoshimura 4>1 exhaust that I haven't put on yet. TIA!!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would imagine you would be lucky to get $2000 for it if it books for $4200 in good condition. The kinda person that would be interested in the bike would be a low budget racer or a low budget beginner. They both have one thing in common. For $640 though, you can't go wrong; especially if you already have the replacement parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
You would probably make the most money by totaling it, buying it back, and parting the bike out. You could fix it up and get it a reconstructed title and make a bit more if u just want to sell the whole bike.

I'll buy it for $640.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts