Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I've got all the mechanical work done from my wreck this summer. . .

I'm thinking of not doing the body work and selling it as a streetfighter. I know that it's a wimpy bike (92 katana 600), but it'd be kinda sweet I think to have it to tool around on. . .

Anyone out there think about these things? tell us your stories!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I street fightered my gixxer after enough stunting wrecks. Less stuff to break, looks really unique, I like it.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Right now, my cbr600 is a street fighter. I'll post up pics later. I like it, but when I'm doing painting the farings this weekend, they are going back on. I went to the local honda dealership and all the mechanics loved my street fighter look. I just told them it was a temp thing, even though It's been like that for 2 months.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they're also called 'naked bikes.' They have the abilities of a sport bike, but a little nicer ergonomics and less body parts.

Mine is going to be a Katana that has no body parts. I'm using it as something that was wrecked and I am too lazy (read stingy) to put new panels on it.

I think they're also called 'rat-bikes.' a bunch of parts from a wrecked bike put together into something that is just fun to ride.

That's just what I think they are. . . I could be way off base of what they 'should' be called.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
^ thats about right

though the "street fighter" term is generally more towards sport/supersport motorcycles and the "rat bike" term is for raggidy looking motorcycles. But they both can be used. I'll take some pics tonight and post them up

·
Registered
137 Posts
TheBelly said:
I think they're also called 'naked bikes.' They have the abilities of a sport bike, but a little nicer ergonomics and less body parts.

Mine is going to be a Katana that has no body parts. I'm using it as something that was wrecked and I am too lazy (read stingy) to put new panels on it.

I think they're also called 'rat-bikes.' a bunch of parts from a wrecked bike put together into something that is just fun to ride.

That's just what I think they are. . . I could be way off base of what they 'should' be called.

Hey Belly, check out wild hare accessories. They have all kinds of cool street fighter stuff. whaccessories.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts