Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in a rain storm the other day. When I got home and the bike was dry there were all these white spots on the carbon fiber parts. I think it's salt. Anyway I've tried to remove them and nothing seems to work! I've tried WD-40, S100 wax, Honda Bike Cleaner, spit, soap & water. I'm about to try some rubbing compound. Anyone ever had the same problem? If so any luck cleaning the bike? HELP!!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
mac020 said:
I got caught in a rain storm the other day. When I got home and the bike was dry there were all these white spots on the carbon fiber parts. I think it's salt. Anyway I've tried to remove them and nothing seems to work! I've tried WD-40, S100 wax, Honda Bike Cleaner, spit, soap & water. I'm about to try some rubbing compound. Anyone ever had the same problem? If so any luck cleaning the bike? HELP!!!!
Hmmm, I have a similar white spot by the hanger on mine. I never figured it would be salt. I just thought it was burning through or something:dunno:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit it with some denatured alcohol. then waxed with S100 Worked great! I really think it's the Magnesium chloride they use on the roads in the winter. I've tasted it more than once while riding in the rain. Damn stuff is nasty!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts