Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 TT600 i picked up for $2K, I want to get out and ride it, i take it around the block to get a feel for brakes and clutch/throttle control, anyways should i get my license and enjoy the bike for the summer or wait till next year for a class. Every class in the metro detroit area is full untill september 23. and advice would be great thanks guys

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Sign up for 9/23 and then call the Harley dealers to find out when their classes are and the costs.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Sign up then show up to each class about 10-15 min early, let the instructors know that you're there and registered and have the money to pay for it with you and if someone doesn't show usually 15 minutes after the start time.. you get to stay! That's how I got my license early, I was signed up for August or something but I got in a class in June.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Unas_the_Slayer said:
Sign up then show up to each class about 10-15 min early, let the instructors know that you're there and registered and have the money to pay for it with you and if someone doesn't show usually 15 minutes after the start time.. you get to stay! That's how I got my license early, I was signed up for August or something but I got in a class in June.
+1 Good call, Unas, I forgot that was an option. Definitely something you should try repeatedly until you're successful :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree with unas. call the administrator and ask to be placed on a cancellation list. there are always a few people that cancel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i called them and they said they take walk-ins through a lottery, only prob with that is i bartend and work weekends only and don't want to risk missing work for nothing. But i'll just take the risk and hope i get in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thats what i have to do, im only sixteen, so the class is free. but i have to show up to a class the 23rd (thursday) early and hope that someone doesnt show. and on top of that they have to take me if somone doesnt show because its mandatory that i get in the class...so im crossing my fingers. because i will have to do this for all 15 + classes scheduled at the local community college because they are ALL booked. i guess motorcycling is pretty popular in ohio :p
-rOOster-

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Hey, mate, big props for making such a mature decision (to take the MSF course) at a young age! :thumbs2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts