Sportbike World banner

Safety help needed!

732 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Unas_the_Slayer 
#1 ·
OK, this might be kinda long-winded so here goes. I am 20 years old and have been riding for one season (last year). My parents never knew I rode a motorcycle until this week cause I kept it from them. I did this because they have the typical motorcycles are deathtraps attitude. They had a friend of a friend of a friend who binned his harley with no gear on 25 years ago and died, so obviously I will follow the same fate if I continue to ride my bike. Their opinions are not based on fact at all, just what they perceive to be true. My father told me if I don't get rid of the motorcycle I had to find another place to live, which is impossible because of school. Obviously, if it comes to that the motorcycle must go.

My question is, is there some research or literature I can show them to make them feel better about motorcycles? I understand motorcycles are inherently dangerous but I need to show them that nine out of ten people don't meet their doom on these things. Thanks in advance!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.