Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting into MX and I'm just wondering what most people wear on the track. I read the rules for what is required at a local track but what they require is very minimal. I know that full gear is the best thing to do but I just need to know what is normal to wear to go play on the track. I don't want to show up looking like an 8 year old whose mom dressed him up for rollerblading ya know:p but I don't want to cheap out on what really matters either. Any advice is appreciated !

·
Registered
109 Posts
At a minimum for someone starting out, I would go with boots, helmet, goggles and chest protector. I don't go out without knee and elbow pads and kidney belt on too and the same goes for my kids.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Helmet
Boots
Chest Protector
Knee Braces
Goggles
Gloves
Comfy pants and shirt
Elbow pads (optional)

Keep in mind, you don't have to match to ride on the track. Just be comfortable. ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies folks ! I had no idea what people wear at the track because I've never tried it. I've only done occasional trail riding, nothing too serious. I'm getting into MX because I think theres more tracks around here than places to trail ride. I doubt I'll even get into racing much. :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds cool! You will find that riding in a crowd is a whole lot different than riding the trails and any protection you can wear is going to keep you healthy!

Hey, I know of a 96 KZ250 for sale for about $1500!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I practice on an MX track and trail ride. I wear Helmet, gloves, eye protection, chest protector, elbow pads, knee pads, hip/thigh/tail bone padded shorts, kidney belt and boots. Yes I look like an over dressed 8 year old and I don't care. If I go down, I want to get back up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will find that riding in a crowd is a whole lot different than riding the trails and any protection you can wear is going to keep you healthy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an open face helmet has a snap on each side at the bottom, can I add a snap on lower jaw protection and where do I find them ?
Raptor is the helmet name

1 - 9 of 9 Posts