Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Bimota's get no respect. Least amount of posts in the forum and no moderator. I mean, sure I like my Kawi's, but Bimota's are cool... *tear**sniffle**tear*

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If I wanted to ride a work of art, a Bimota would be my bike of choice.
If I wanted to be uncomfortable on a sport bike,a Bimota would be my choice.;)
The ultimate attention getter,one of which I'd LOVE to have in my garage....gimme a YB11!!:D
(Geez,do I need a winning lotto ticket..........)

Jim

·
Registered
653 Posts
You all do know Bimota is no more, right? They are bankrupt, and the only person who wanted to try and buy the company, can't dig them out of the hole they are in.

Would be cool if someone like Suzuki bought Bimota, and continued to supply them with Suzuki motors, and made them like Honda is to Acura, Toyota is to Lexus, Nissan is to Infiniti, etc. They could be the premier line of bikes for Suzuki.

Wow, this would really work. I wonder if any bike manufacturers ever thought to do something like the car companies do?

·
Registered
873 Posts
NO!!!

We dont need another Jap (owned) bike company!

No offense to Jap bikes, i love them all. I just think it would be fundamentally wrong for a Jap company to own Bimota. Kinda like selling Rockafeller Center to the Japanese, only with an italian twist... just not right.

I think Perhaps Maserati could would be a better parent. or even BMW. Keep it European!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Perhaps you aren't aware of the fact that all the Bimota's had Suzuki engines in them? That's why I said it. I was thinking more along the lines of them remaining in Italy, or wherever the heck they are, and having Suzuki back them, and supply them with R&D info, engines, etc. Then they could be like Cagiva MV Agusta, Cagiva bought the MV Agusta name and is making the bike for them. So it would be a Suzuki Bimota, or you wouldn't even have to do that, unless Suzuki wanted. The Lexus don't say Toyota Lexus, so, it definitely wouldn't be neccesary. Either way, it'd keep the company alive.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Not sure what the joke is Squid? Something to do with the brands, or the fact that if they had used Kawi engines they'd still be around or something? hehe :)

I never said that Bimota has only used Suzuki's, but the fact that the past few years, they had used almost (if not totally, not a Bimota buff) all Suzuki engines.

S

·
0 Posts
Rob Nance said:
Not sure what the joke is Squid? Something to do with the brands, or the fact that if they had used Kawi engines they'd still be around or something? hehe :)
Ya something like that. ;)

I never said that Bimota has only used Suzuki's, but the fact that the past few years, they had used almost (if not totally, not a Bimota buff) all Suzuki engines. [/B]
No you said "Perhaps you aren't aware of the fact that all the Bimota's had Suzuki engines in them? "

I wasn't aware of that. :D

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Just a little info for may SBW brethren. Bimota has used Honda, Kawi, Yami, Suzuki and Ducati. The Yami powered ones were some of the best in my opinion. Although I do like the SB8R the best though. Excluding the VDue which had a subcontracted Bimota engine. It is the best looking but it wasn't a success so I will say the SB8R is my favorite.

YB= Yami power...
DB= Ducati power...
SB= Suzuki power... and so on.

If they still have a homepage then you can look at their old models all the way back to the Honda powered ones. :cool:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Rob Nance said:
You all do know Bimota is no more, right? They are bankrupt, and the only person who wanted to try and buy the company, can't dig them out of the hole they are in.

Would be cool if someone like Suzuki bought Bimota, and continued to supply them with Suzuki motors, and made them like Honda is to Acura, Toyota is to Lexus, Nissan is to Infiniti, etc. They could be the premier line of bikes for Suzuki.

Wow, this would really work. I wonder if any bike manufacturers ever thought to do something like the car companies do?
(yes I know I'm a few months behind)

Do you think it's been brought up in board meetings already? It's a great idea as long as it's handled by the lawyers and the Execs correctly. I'd have to agree with Rob on this one. Evolution isn't just for the creatures of flesh and blood. Corporations have to do it too if they want to survive in todays market. It would be a shame to see such a gorgeous bike lost because of unlucky business decisions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts