Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a phone call around noon, a guy that has ridden with me some calls and says, what will you take for your bike?, I call him back and tell him i will have to have $8500 cash to sell.well, he's comin by tonight with the cash. :crying:

Time to start shopping, i've been eyeballing a cherry 05' GSXR 750, 900 miles $8000.00, but i just know that they will be changing the 750's for 06'.

I din't think i can wait that long. I could pull out the beast,"my 4000 mile cherry 98' 750" but damn that means i miss the last track days of the year, :eek:

What to do, what to do?

Vash, i need a shoulder to cry on!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
That's IF they change, Suzuki in the past usually waited 3 years before changing 600s/750s. Which bike are you selling?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correct, i am selling the 1000. It is most likely that suzuki is changing the 600, and 750's, they will most likely follow the 1000, i have a friend who works for suzuki, the 06' 1000's are already on order, the 600 and 750's, are TBA. If you go to the suzuki web site, they show the 06' 1000 but not the 06' 600 or 750.

The guy called me tonight, and said he had to work late, so it would be tomorrow night, damn i hate waiting.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Ya I kinda presumed it was the 1000, but on second thought, I remembered you liked the bike. so why sell it just to get a 750?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to sell it, but hear are the reasons, it is an 03', i gave $8000 for it a little over a yr. ago (with everything already on it).

So i really cannot pass up $8500, that is making 500 and putting 7k miles on it.

The reason for buying the 750, i was looking to buy a 750 when i bought the 1000, the 750 will be a much better track bike for me, being that it is a pretty short technical track and i am only about 160 pounds, the 1000 can get hairy exiting tight turns from time to time, and i really cannot use the 1000 power anyway.

I am not the guy who has to have the 1000 cause its faster, i need what is well suited for what i'm gonna be using it for.

And to top it off, here it is wed. morning and he still has not come through yet, keeps postponing for one reason or another, bout to say screw it.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Cmon izzy you're getting a new bike, its a good thing.
prior to this last couple of years manufacturers used to change their bikes every 4 years, and do minor revamps every 2. suzi did it on odd years, the rest of the guys on even. So based upon that, I would say there are no changes coming to the 750 in '06. However lately the competition seemed to have gone a notch, with kawi doing a new 636 in '05 and supposedly a brand new zx10 for '06, all to answear suzi and their k5. having a new chassis, I would expect suzi to modify the 600 and 750 to fit in the new chassis. However I'm not sure if thats going to happen in '06 or '07. To be honest, I expect them to drop the 750 alltogether soon.

I wish they'd make a new busa...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+1 on the busa.

But i still bet that suuzi changes the 600, and 750. How much they change is yet to be seen. But if they were not changing them at all, they would be showing the 06's on the web site,(like they are the 1000), but we shall see.

But it does not really matter to much, there is no way i can wait till march for a new revamped 750,(if there is one) so its prob gonna be the 05'.

But there is always the posibility of a K5:drool:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Dude, just go ahead and get the K5. You've been ranting and raving about that bike since we've met. Treat yourself. You know you are going to wish you had if you get anything else.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure i want the K5, but is it what i need for what i am doin? Not really.

See this is one of those times where i must control my primal urges, as hard as it may be.

And what about those frames! All the talk of the K5 frames, well lets just say it doesn't leave that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
LOL. Is that what you need? What kind of talk is that. Please point to one person on this board the "needs" a sportbike. We get them couse we want to, not couse we need to haul the kids to soccer practice. So you need the 1000 even more than you need the 750. becouse... umm... I dont know. its more fun. No, I imagine its about the same fun. Well becouse next time you want to tell me how badly kawi's suck, you'll carry more weight, or something like that.

Now as for frames, thats a different story. I dont know how much room there is for concern, as there is too much hype around that whole thing. But if you dont feel comfortable with them (gasp) then there is no point.

Can I tempt ya to the dark side? There is a new zx10 coming out....

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i do, and always have liked the zx10, but not gonna go there, didn't you say you have been to hallett?

Sure the 1000, is faster. But at a track like hallett, "I" cannot use all the power that the 1000 makes, I have proven that i am just as fast on a 750, and not near as "hairy". the 05 750, handles better than my 03 1000, So there is really no need to go to the 1000, don't get me wrong, i love the 1000 power and speed, and i defently can handle the 1000, seeing how i have a full season on it (about 7 track days) and no accidents yet, "AHEM".

And as far as fuel for argument, if i get the 750, i'm still ready for a track day with ya!:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
izzybo69 said:
Well, i do, and always have liked the zx10, but not gonna go there, didn't you say you have been to hallett?

Sure the 1000, is faster. But at a track like hallett, "I" cannot use all the power that the 1000 makes, I have proven that i am just as fast on a 750, and not near as "hairy". the 05 750, handles better than my 03 1000, So there is really no need to go to the 1000, don't get me wrong, i love the 1000 power and speed, and i defently can handle the 1000, seeing how i have a full season on it (about 7 track days) and no accidents yet, "AHEM".

And as far as fuel for argument, if i get the 750, i'm still ready for a track day with ya!:twofinger :twofinger
It sound like you got more expirience than me, so I would probly get spanked even if you were on an older F2 or something like that. Still I'd love to give it a try. So lets see what ya got suzi boy! :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell yea, we had talked about gettin together for a track day befor, don't know if it wll happen this season or not.

next one at hallett is on the 19th of Sept, wich is a monday, i doubt you can make it to that one, but if ya can, that would be great.

I still wanna go to texas to atrack, wich track do you go to, and what are the bike requirements?

P.S. I'm not that good. i run consistant 1:30's on a fully street bike, wich is good enough to run in the race clas about mid pack.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you are way faster than me. Especially since I went out and dumped mine at good speed, sort of scared the speed out of me. Its coming back tho.
I got to motorsport ranch near dallas. The bike requirments are rediculously loose, and are essentially "Tape the lights" you can find the whole thing at www.lonestartrackdays.com

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Feels like we are having almost same discusion, on two dif. threads.

I will check out the track, when is next time your goin?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Not sure. I'm in the middle of trying to buy a house, so its sapping my finances (foooking bastards!), on the other hand, that is the perfect time for a vocation. I would say that given a months notice I can probly make arrangements

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey Izzybo,

I live in OKC and have been thinking about doing a trackday for some time. Is Hallet the track up by Stillwater, OK??

What do you have to do to for your first trackday?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yo hawk, Hallett is about 20 min from stillwater, its in between stillwater and sand springs.

They are pretty relaxed on requirements, basically tape headlight, taillight, and blinkers. Remove mirrors, tape or zip tie rear pegs, and thats all thats required for the bike. They do look at your tires and make sure that they are half tread or better, but hopefully you would not be there on bald tires anyway.

You must wear boots, leather pants, jacket, fullface helmet, gloves and back protector, they do allow textile jackets.

It is $100 registration, your first time, they require you take a class while your there, its another $20, transponder's are $20, while they last, so get there early.

Gates open at 7:00 am, no entry fee to get in, so family and friends are free.

they sell fuel,(race gas) they have food available.

They run three classes, intermediate, street, and race. each class rides for 20 min sessions, you get 7 sessions per day.

The next track day is sept. 19, it is a mon. I will be in texas at another track on that day, but will be at hallett in oct.

Hope that helps, fell free to ask if you have anymore ?'s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts