Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can you please tell me what you have on your rear tire?? Right above that passenger peg... nylon pouch? I couldnt tell... Just courious...

·
Registered
79 Posts
You something that does the same thing, yet sooooo much cheaper?????

Go with Simple Green... The concentrated type, in the squirt bottle. It's under $2 at my local wal-mart, and works exactly like S100, but much cheaper than the $8.00 a bottle my local harley dealer sells it for!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Melody said:
Can you please tell me what you have on your rear tire?? Right above that passenger peg... nylon pouch? I couldnt tell... Just courious...
Looks to be the size of a disc lock. Many of them come in bags that you can velcro to a convenient spot on your bike.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
minfinger said:
Yes it's a disc lock bag LOL

A spung is a useful tool LMAO ehm Sponge

And yes I already have a Fender Elimantor on. Did it last monday. My buddy just hasn't sent me the pics yet.
Be sure to post the new pics when you get 'em. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
wacky_woodchuck said:
Go with Simple Green... The concentrated type, in the squirt bottle. It's under $2 at my local wal-mart, and works exactly like S100, but much cheaper than the $8.00 a bottle my local harley dealer sells it for!
Im not sure I would go with Simple green, I have been using that to get greese off of an old floor and it works great... but on a bkie!?! Unless you enjoy waxing your bike everytime you wash it... now maybe on the tires...
Im going to reveal a very treasured seceret of mine... first off I have a Motorcycle Detailing business on the side and the absolute BEST thing I have found to use on tires to get ALL the brake dust... greese off the sprocket and it makes them look great! is Dows scrubbing bubbles... the same stuff you use on your bath-tub. on a COOL surface and I dont get it on the paint, then scrub a little and rinse... its great!

As far as cleaning, I really would stick with the S100, I use that too and LOVE it. Good luck!
~Melody

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ditto on the S-100

SimpleGreen is a good product but will strip the wax (one of it's specified uses) I also find it doesn't rinse off as well as S-100. Great stuff, err...ahh...especially if you have a lot of chrome :D

It wipes off well and works really great on bugs (we have an abundance of those here!)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Melody said:

Im not sure I would go with Simple green, I have been using that to get greese off of an old floor and it works great... but on a bkie!?! Unless you enjoy waxing your bike everytime you wash it... now maybe on the tires...
Sorry about that, I should have clarified... But I only use the Simple green for the wheels, swing arm, frame and engine. The tank, fenders and body works, all get Mother's car wash, and mothers waxes...

I know S100 is good on all parts, but simple green is soo much cheaper and does it just was well. Stripping wax isn't much of a deal anyways, as after every wash she gets a couple of nice coats... That mother's stuff is by far the best was I've used.

·
Registered
202 Posts
so I'm a moron

this may a really stupid question, but with the s100, you spray it on the WHOLE bike? engine, chain, sprockets, tires? I would think you would stay clear 0f the carbs, and it would be a BAD idea to use high water pressure. Any parts, areas to definately not use s100 on or hit with alot of water, high pressure or not? sorry...

·
Registered
580 Posts
Spungworthy superhawk

I love that s100 stuff. I bought three bottles so im waiting for it to run out before trying the simple green which is a lot cheaper. I only use the s100 on the lower parts even though you supposedly can use it on the whole bike. Im suspicious because it smells like oven cleaner. As far as using a hose i spray the engine directly with it, carbs and all, with no problem. The lazy mans way to clean cycling. One thing I found out the hard way is if you clean the chain/sprockets with S100 and dont dry and oil it you may get little rust spots on your chain. I did. Now after cleaning I do a few laps around the neighborhood to let the scottoiler reoil the chain. Thanks for the tips, I'll give scrubbing bubbles a try.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've been using S-100 for about 3 years now on the boat anchor :D I remove my seat and saddlebags then hit the whole thing with S-100. I use a garden hose to spray it off then fallow with a synthetic chamois. The bike sparkles when I'm done and it usually takes about 30 minutes to complete the job, another 10 if I mink-oil the bags.

I find that the s-100 leaves no residue and really makes the flat black engine paint look fresh. I find that a quart is good for about 6-8 washings, so it costs about $1.50 +/- per wash and provides me an extra hour of riding instead of cleaning :D Definately worth it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
S100 is great, but keep it off the seat! That stuff is slick, real slick. I do kind of like the smell though:) . I have a friend who uses Zain (sp) Brothers. He swears it is the best stuff he has ever used. I think you have to order it from them direct though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I use S100 on the hole bike. I've never had a single problem with it. I use super highj water pressure to get the 140 MPH bugs off and I've had no problems. I don't clean my chain with it, but i do use WD-40 on the chain to clean and then I Use Chain Oil to oil it. Makes sense to use Oil huh LMAO

Bow down to the S100! LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts