Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You might have seen in the daily rider forum about me getting my stolen f4i back...now i have to get it fixed up so i can sell since i have '06 gixxer 600 that i like a lot better.

If you read the story you know that i took the guy out with my car, so there are quite a few scratches on as well as some bent parts. I think i'd lose to much selling it as is so my plan is take the fairing off, bonding them up a little, and then due a flat black paint job. I was hoping just to take the plastics to someplace like MAACO, but i just gave them a call yesterday and according to them it'd be $200 A PIECE!! That is just rediculous...

So my question is considering i have no experience in this area, would be be able to handle to process of bondo'ing the scratches and doing a decent rattle can paint job? I have a friend with a some experience who can do the paint, and i can probably get a sander if i need. The thing is i really want this go come out respectable so i can get a fair price...

Also if you of you have had experience with paint shops and know what a REASONABLE prep/paint job would cost me i'd like to hear from you! Thanks for helpt you can give me. -John

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so i just got done looking around on ebay and i'm seriously considering one of the aftermarket fairing sets on there... Anyone know what kind of quality i could expect? Basically i only care if it will look good enought to sell.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-CBR600-CBR-600-F4i-Bodywork-Fairing-Set-01-03_W0QQitemZ250166659192QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250166659192

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-03-HONDA-CBR600F4i-CBR600-600F4i-CBR-600-F4i-Fairing_W0QQitemZ170150772398QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170150772398

There are many other paint schemes to choose from, including a repsol scheme.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don't know of the company personally as far as the aftermarket cowlings go, but I have a friend who has had a bad experience with em. He bought a set of carbon fiber cowlings for his bike on ebay and when they arrived, none of the pre-set holes/clips lined up to install...he was pissed.

Just a word of caution about ebay...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts