Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scoot Russell was hit from behind on the restart of this years Daytona 200 (bonehead move on his part). This was not the first time he met this fate at the 200. When was the other incident, who hit him, and what were his injuries.

·
Registered
244 Posts
GROSS!!

Did the pavement somehow find its way into this guy's leathers? What kind of crash was this?
Everybody together now: "OOOHHHHHHH ... AAAHHHHHH"

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
From under the rock he emerged.....

Dude, he got smacked by a bike at one of the restarts of the Daytona 200. He stalled and started rolling to the right, was hit on the right side and was stood up. Then another bike T boned him (him, not the bike) on the left side.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When he got hit you had to be at the track like I was to get the full effect. I was behind the pit wall behind Dahamel's pit area and the crash happened right infront of me. It sounded so bad it even made me hurt. Last years Daytona was in general a mess from the word go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
In 1989, he was riding for Yoshimura Suzuki. He was on the front row, and he stalled the bike as the flag dropped. He was hit from behind by a privateer (I can't remember his name - Brett something, I think). As far as I know, he was uninjured, but he wasn't able to race...

I was supposed to be in that race, but I blew up my only motor in qualifying. Hell, that could have been me that hit him!

Anyway, he did what he was supposed to do, stay in place and raise his hands. He got hit anyway. I can't help thinking that may be why he tried to get off the grid this year when he stalled. Maybe the '89 incident flashed through his head...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts