Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a sign on my back that says "Please be rude to me I like it"??? So far since Monday I've had a few rude comments made about me or my bike by other sportbikers and/or their passengers, and about a billion strange looks... I don't know a lot of WI riders except my bf and his friends...so mainly I mind my own freakin' business...but at least I'm nice to other people!

The other day I was riding home from a nice long leisurely ride in the country when two other sportbikers on their shiny GSXR650 and Yamaha R6 pull up just behind me. They must not think I can hear them making snide remarks about my little 250... then the girl on the back of the R6 has the nerve to say something about me... I turned around and politely said, " I'm sorry, but at least I have my own bike *****." And happily rode off.

Yesterday, I pull up to the gas station to fill up(down the street from my place) that apparently has a car/bike show on Tuesdays. Again the wierdest look from sportbikers... not a single one said Hi, not even a nod... you know who talked to me and complimented me on my bike? The Harley riders. Yeah that's right.

Tonight I was just killing time waiting for my friends to get out of work. I was on what is considered the "main strip" here and there were a ton of bikers out. I pull into the gas station, take off my helmet and the guys at the pump next to me look at me like I'm crazy! *sigh* Oh well... seriously what's up with people? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
892 Posts
i think u just ran into the very small percentage of shit head riders, some how all in a row. i have had nothing but nice encounters, and i dont have any friends that ride...actually i really dont know any1 around here lol (the price i pay to make cash)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm the 2 cool for school guy when riding, I don't point fingers unless the other rider does. If I have an exciting ride, I say HI to anyone, including cars that are nice, but don't expect a wave. Most of the time, the other riders wave, and I reply the courtesy. It doesn't make a difference unless you pull up to have a chat. And if I see a rider parked on the side, and if it's feasible for me to stop, I do so to check if everything is alright.

So stop caring whether they like your 250 or not, know that you're out there riding and improving, while they're too busy posing and wrecking. In my 1.5 year riding career, I attended bike night twice, once, I left after 30 seconds, and again with a rider I hooked up and stayed for 30 mins. It was absolutely boring, there's no point in watching others make ass of themselves.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I havent met a single rider that was rude. Even people on harleys and cruisers have been nice to me, cause I just pull up and say hi, nice bike or, hey nice day to ride (since the weather here is still usually shit). Actaully made a few new riding partners this way. The only people that have been rude to me are pedestrians, some kids said something once, not sure about what, couldnt hear them, I think something about my girlfriend, but they were some scumbags with their hats on sideways so I just stared at them quietly and took off when the light turned green. Also had some dude in his car start yelling at me, I think for passing a woman that was only have in the median, and he thought I was gonna go into his lane so at the redlight he started saying fucking bod.. bla bla bla, I couldnt hear him so again, just kept quiet and stared at him.

·
Registered
447 Posts
sounds like you just ran into a bunch of assholes, just enjoy riding and learning and who cares what size your bike is atleast you have a bike to ride, most bikers are not like that especialy to a beautiful young lady like you.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I like your responce, "I'm sorry, but at least I have my own bike *****." And its the truth, I currently only ride on the back of my bf's, and I have no reason to say anything to anyone about bikes, not that i would if I did.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hell if i saw you on that bike, id ask you on a date. i mean i know you have a bf, and yeah i guess i got a gf, but hell a chick on her own bike? i dont give a shit what kinda bike it is, it could be all effed up and stuff, but a chick (excuse me, i mean wonderful young lady) is ridin her own bike, i dont care who you are thats hot!

so dont feel bad, cause the guys that look at you strange are probably just gay, literally, and jealous that their bf's are checkin you out.

where in WI are you? one of my frat bros is from madison, and he lives in like...sheboygan right now or sumthin?? i always thought sheboygan was here in michigan, but maybe im wrong.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
nm answered my own question, milwaukee....duh its under your avatar. well if you see a telefonica tl1000r rollin around, its my boy coop cause nobody else has a telefonica tlr as far as i know.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of :squid: s if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Vipes said:
Sounds like a bunch of :squid: s if you ask me.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaamen brotha

how u like that ninja 650? finally someone else will have some market share with the sv650. i read some reviews, seems like a pretty decent bike, especially for the price.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Part of the reason for sportbikes having a bad name are the large number of immatures out there with them. Its just a fact of riding to me. This is a primary reason I'm not very hyped about group rides and haven't ever "hung" with local riders.

Let me guess. None of the ones who dissed you were geared well and probably none were over the age of, say, 25.

Yeah, its frustrating to run into clowns like that. Walking on campus in full gear has garnered more than a few looks and comments. What matters to me is that I ride and have a blast. Nothing really brings me down from a fun jaunt, so the silliness rolls off me. But I'm in my 30's so I've had more hardening time than you.

If the Harley crowd is cool and you like to talk with them, do so. In many cases they've got more bike knowhow than the sportbike crowd on average :2cents:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's not that I'm worried about what other people think Z, it's just that three days in a row with people doing this when I've already had a bad week just kind of irked me. I appreciate the comments that have made me see the squidliness of the situation.

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
MeiJin,

First off, nice to see you back! :)

I loooove the comment you made to the curb monkey: "At least I have my own bike, *****" :laughing: That's classic and it probably wrecked her day, odds are she went home and re-dyed her hair or did her nails. :p

The biggest thing to remember? You have a bike, you love riding and you're out there trying to make yourself a better rider, which I think is the biggest definitnion of a true rider. You're not out there to look pretty or get attention.

Two years ago I did nothing but dog on my Buell, but after taking it for a spin before putting it away for the winter, all I could think was "Damn, it's NICE to be back on a bike, ANY bike!". The weather here is finally nice enough to go riding again, and I am not happy about it because I am pregnant and not getting on the Buell this season.

My point? It's not about the bike, rather what you get out of the ride. Chalk this week up to a bad one, and if you get crappy comments like that, just shake your head and smile sadly at the people - after all, they're missing the point, aren't they? :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
MeiJin said:
It's not that I'm worried about what other people think Z, it's just that three days in a row with people doing this when I've already had a bad week just kind of irked me. I appreciate the comments that have made me see the squidliness of the situation.
I dont blame you that would piss me off too, that doesnt mean you worry about what other people think. I had a Honda Rebel 250cc last year and I always got looks, no one ever commented, but got looks, and believe me I looked like a gurellia on a ten speed! The thing that a lot of riders and people for that matter cant get over is a young woman on a motorcycle. I know I for one usually do a double take when I pass a woman on a bike, Its just a bit unusual for to see for me, but I always think its cool as hell.

Good luck and be safe!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I must say- Biker chicks are hot!!

A woman who has her own bike- there is just something hot about that. My wife used to ride on the back of mine, and she would get some looks at the gas stations and places we would ride. After we got her her own bike-I almost had to start riding with a baseball bat to keep the drooling dogs at bay.
Keep your head up girl. For each incident of unpleasantness, the one thing that you do have is the fact that you made it home to bitch about it.

My brother was hit by a Jeep Liberty about a month ago. he was hurt, but survived. I have always gotten shit from my parents about how dangerous me and my motorcycles were, but last month it really hit home for me when my brother, to no fault of his own, was taken down by some idot driver not paying attention to what was going on.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
MeiJin said:
..." I'm sorry, but at least I have my own bike *****"...
ROTFLMAO!! That's GOLD! Would've been priceless to see the look on her face!

Mrs Tree and I go two-up on our 250, which I'm sure looks funny as hell, but f*ck it, we're riding. Nothing else matters...

·
Registered
116 Posts
That comment has happened to my wife several times. She rides a 600 shadow. She has a great line that she has used- maybe you want to try it out next time.

"At least I'm not riding bitch-bitch!"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi MeiJin-

People who try to bring others down for no apparent reason are really provincial...especially if you're just out to have a good time. If you want to be generous, one can attribute it to them having a bad hair day. On the other hand, they might be genuine pinheads who aren't worth your valuable time! :)

~ Blue Jays ~

1 - 20 of 24 Posts