Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive heard all of this about how the rs 50 is capable of 50-70 mph or whatever.. ive been really interested in getting a smaller bike too
but how quick is it?
and what are some other similar bikes that are available in the US.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
a girl i know bought one of those. ive ridden it numerous times and really wanted to like it but it is so slow it almost isnt fun to ride. youve really got to wring it out to get moving at a fair clip. from a stop light youll be shifting to 4th before youre across the intersection. the top speed i could get out of it was 53mph and im 165lbs. i did drag race her on my wife's yamaha vino (stock), even though the vino tops out in the low 40s it spanked the rs50 off the line so bad that it took quite a while to catch up and go by (a mile or so) they thought the bike was cool till it got smoked by a scooter, and i had no intention of belittling their bike (they were the ones laughing at me for riding the wife's scoot to work and challenged me to the race). that embarrassed them so bad that they are trading it in to get her another bike. dont think im just dogging the rs, i really want to like it but for $3500 its a gyp. for the same cash you can get an mz sm125 and really have some fun.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
RS 50

I really like the concept and look of the RS 50. But for $3500, it has to be absolutely the WORST deal in all of motorcyclingdom. If they could sell it for $1999 or less, MAYBE it would merit some consideration.

$3500 will buy an infinite variety of mint condition, usable-in-the-real-world, used bikes. If shopping new, a Ninja 250 would absolutely thrash the RS 50, be more useful in every conceivable way, and cost $500 less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts