Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a Yoshi rs-3 slip on next month, are both the Zyclone baffle and the racing baffle street legal? If not, will I get a ticket for it?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I doubt you'll get a ticket...

Passing inspection is a different story.

·
Registered
489 Posts
No aftermarket exhaust is legal, be it for a car or a bike. Every time you buy one there is a note on it that says "for off road and race use only" So no... but you won't get pulled over. And as long as your shop isn't anal, you shouldn't have a problem with inspections. I had no front signals, a crash cage, a 12 bar and the bike was beat to hell. But it still passed inspection.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yeah i think he meant for bikes....obviously there are legal aftermarket exhaust for cars.

you wont get a ticket. roadstain, what do u mean by shop? inspections are done by the cops...in which case its funny but they dont care about aftermarket exhausts. my rr passed with a two bros c/f exhaust that said right on it "for off road use only" and it passed salvage rebuilt inspection with flying colors.

so to answer the original question...if i can pass police inspection with a loud as shit (it seriously was really freakin loud) illegal exhaust, im pretty sure you wont get a ticket, let alone pulled over for your exhaust.

esp a yosh, cause they are kinda quiet n e ways!! :twofinger

·
Registered
329 Posts
In some states inspections are done by a shop that is certified by the state to issue inspection stickers.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i have the jardine rt1 on my rr and got it inspected and never have had any problems with cops but this is maine also hehehe.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've got a 4-1 V&H exhaust on my bike, and even when it didn't have baffles it passed PA inspection (twice). But we only have safety inspection for bikes, IIRC... no sniff test.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
As previously stated, no aftermarket motorcycle exhaust are DoT approved therefore they are technically illegal and as stated that will be with the paperwork that comes with the exhaust. Is that a problem in most states.... no.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i think the only exaust system that they MIGHT pull you over for is not having one at all. and if your that concerend about inspections just put your stock on when you go and have it inspected :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts