Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's actually pretty simple. This is the first time I ever taken such an expensive item and broke it down into individual parts, bolts, and nuts. Now I may have a tougher challenge in puting it back together, but it only took less than a day to take the whole bike apart minus one last engine bolt.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Your gunna have fun with that Jbaz. Good luck getting it all in there. Make sure you get it in straight so you dont bend any rods or snap your chains.

Sepias

·
Registered
462 Posts
Damn man... $1,360...
I admire you love for the RR, but after reading your other posts about buying and rebuilding all those other bikes, I just can't help but wonder: Where do you get the money for this stuff? Sounds like you could've bought a brand new CBR 1000 if you wouldn't have done the other projects.

Well, either way, sounds like a fun project you have on your hands. Last saturday I stripped my 250 down to its frame just for the hell of it, to see the insides in detail n stuff. That was, to say the least, a blast! So I can just immagine how fun your project will be. If I had an extra cheap bike lying around, I'd be all over it... or more correctly put, it'd be all over the garage floor :p

Good luck, man!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi JBaz-

Good luck with the project. Say, maybe I can have my shop install a new 600RR engine into my 600F2 after all! :eyebrows:

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i assume your goin about taking the old engine out and putting the new one in from the bottom of the frame, so just be careful, last thing you would need is droppin a new engine while trying to bolt it up! lol, good luck man post up some before, during, and after pics if you can.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FYI, I bartered with the guy and I got the engine for 1200 shipped. I told him if I gave him a check instead of going through pay pal, if he'd help me out. He also threw in a front master cyclinder for 40 bucks in the deal. So far the total for 2nd rebuild so far:

$1200 Complete motor kit
$40 Front master cylinder
$35 Right clip on

I sell drugs to btw. How else would I afford all these bikes? lol But seriously, I'm in the medical business. Just switched from part time to full time now that this semester is done! Woot. Love making a grand a week.

·
Registered
414 Posts
heres some pics of my bike without it's heart (engine). It's really not bad as long as you take your time. I had to actually break down my motor after I removed it because of a problem I had with the cylinder head.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
HEHEHE, nude female grease monkies! Can you arrange a nice oil restling segment? Or mabey a game of "Where will this piston fit?":twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Steeve, what kind of bike is that in the backround? It looks like it has straight pipes on it... please tell me its not a cruiser!:twofinger

Sepias

·
Registered
462 Posts
SepiasSoul said:
Steeve, what kind of bike is that in the backround? It looks like it has straight pipes on it... please tell me its not a cruiser!:twofinger

Sepias
I see a muffler on the background bike. And what's wrong with having a cruiser?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
They look more like straight pipes to me, but anyways. I just find it funny when people have both a S/B and a cruiser. Most people seem to stick with one or the other.

Sepias

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well... The thing is that with how the RR are built, the rear swing arm is held together by an axel... which happens to be a main engine bolt that runs through the block, so when you take the engine off an RR, you are taking the whole bike apart. Don't ask me, I didn't design the RR.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Wouldn't that put alot of stress on the axel? I wouldn't think placing that much dependance on one singular part would be that good an idea, but then again, I'm not an engineer.

Sepias

1 - 20 of 80 Posts