Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know what rpms 900 Monsters, & SSs (I assume they have the same gearing) turn @ 75 mph, in 6th gear, with stock gearing. I'm interested in all years. Also, I would be interested in the answer to the same question re. the ST4. Finally, can anyone recommend hard bags for the Monster? I know there was a "City" model, with standard hard bags, available in Europe, but I've never seen such a setup available in the U.S. Thanks to all of you in advance for your help!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow.......I can't answer your RPM's question, but I may be able to shed some light on your Monster City question.

This version was available for a few years in the US. It came with leather side bags, not hard cases. If you are interested in hard cases, take a look at Givi. I think that's the name of the company. I'm sure someone around here can verify the name or correct it if I'm wrong. Either way, I'm sure they would have something you're looking for.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Next time I go riding I can get you numbers for a 99 900ss stock gearing.

·
Registered
455 Posts
1999 900SS Stock gearing Aftermarket exhausts CPU & K&N

4100 RPMs at 75mph indicated (note that you are somewhat off the powerband at this speed. Things don't really get cooking until around 5000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts