Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Tug said:
Its true, he signed a deal to rida a gay Yamaha for two years so he must be gay:twofinger

MCN Story
It seems that in Singapore you have a different way of defining gay.
Here in Greece we call 'GAY' whoever rides a Suzuki DR :twofinger
Yamaha riders are 'STRAIGHT' :)

Aris

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yep gay for sure......

"This is a very important step in our plan to re-establish Yamaha as a leading force in Grand Prix racing. "

Hahaha, now that's a good laugh. When did they last do any good... back in the early 1900's with Rainey maybe?

and anyway, I thought all greeks were gay? :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I reckon

he should have gone with Suzuki...now that would have been a challenge.

Abe, Checca, Mccoy, Biaggi to name a couple that have won GP's on a Yam in the last couple of years.

Dave..i've got 50 bucks here that says Supuki riders don't finish in the championship top 10 next year!!! :twofinger

They finished 10th in the manufacturers this year!!!! Oh dear...maybe they better dig up Schwantz again. :eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Re: I reckon

bigphil said:

Dave..i've got 50 bucks here that says Supuki riders don't finish in the championship top 10 next year!!!
hahahahaaha ..now I get it. Couldn't understand all the bravado tht other day ... that cost you $100 (see .. not forgotten) ... and now here you are waving the dollaros again ..... misses away is she bro .. ??

More seriously ..... YES !!! ..... here we go here we go here we go .... here we go here we go here we go ...... talk about a top sesion on its way lads ..... and I am HOLDING onto my Leg 2 baby now (the R1 for those unlucky caaaaaaaaants that have not met the Legend yet) .

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Re: I reckon

bigphil said:
Dave..i've got 50 bucks here that says Supuki riders don't finish in the championship top 10 next year!!! :twofinger
The might of Honda and Ducati will kick the Yamaha and the joke of a Suzuki (see I'm not biased) all year. Rossi will be in a tin top come 2005 ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: Re: I reckon

Gixxer_Dave said:
The might of Honda and Ducati will kick the Yamaha and the joke of a Suzuki (see I'm not biased) all year. Rossi will be in a tin top come 2005 ;)
Can't really agree with you there on Ducati beating Rossi/Yamaha...
However, agree that Rossi is going to face an overwhelming task trying to beat Honda.
I read the below article, and think it pretty much sums things up:

"" ""
With Rossi on a Yamaha, Ducati may find in hard to hold their place as Honda’s top challenge. For Honda beating Rossi will be a Holy War and for Yamaha failing to win even with Rossi would be a disaster. Ducati, more than most, will be concerned at the prospect of seeing Colin Edwards on an RC211V. They will remember that the Texan won the last nine races in a row at the end of the 2002 Superbike season to win the title for Honda, beating Ducati and Troy Bayliss in the process, the most devastating end of season effort and success that I can recall.

Ducati engineers are probably wishing Rossi had stayed home with Honda because rhetoric from HRC executives leaves little doubt that the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer will make a supreme effort in 2004 with a six-rider line-up of potential champions: Edwards, Gibernau, Hayden, Biaggi, Barros and Tamada.

Next year there will be four Ducati V4s on the grid with the addition of the new D’Antin Ducati team with Neil Hodgson and a second rider to be named shortly (Rubén Xaus if D’Antin gets his way). But this will be a “B” team using this year’s machines while the Marlboro team will use the latest developments from the Ducati factory.

Add to Ducati’s work load the World Superbike team of James Toseland and Regis Laconi and the responsibility to build 999 RS racers for another four or five teams, plus the commitment to run a works team in the AMA Superbike Championship, and you see that this little factory, in spite of Marlboro’s millions, is in up to its neck. Ducati accountants will be watching carefully to make sure that Ducati, taken to the brink of bankruptcy by racing efforts in the past, does not exceed its capacity. Ducati work without a net.

If sales of Ducati road bikes can be seen to benefit and the numbers remain black, Ducati will be able to sustain this worldwide racing effort. Clearly Ducati scared Honda early in the 2003 season but now Rossi’s move to Yamaha has put Honda on red alert and a 100% effort from HRC could be more than either Ducati or Yamaha can resist in 2004.
"" ""

1 - 7 of 7 Posts