Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if this is a good helmet to buy. I want something different here in the states. So I would like the good the bad.

If someone wants to sell let me know.

Joe

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
If they are DOT approved then there should not be a problem. If not, then no, they are not legal. Looks cool though. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
139 Posts
that does look rad.

"This helmet meets the European ECE R22-05 safety standards."

this is what a website claims which deals them direct. guess they are euro though so i'm not sure if they match up to our standards or whatnot...don't see why they wouldn't.

i could envision an awesome looking paint job on that helmet

·
Registered
272 Posts
gonathan85 said:

i could envision an awesome looking paint job on that helmet
hells yeah, that would be awsome.

Ive heard bad things about the modular style helmets, but as long as it's DOT and/or Snell aproved, should be alright.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Firefox said:
haha, c'mon cookee, you dont even like it a lil' bit?:twofinger
or maby it's just the color that is throwing you off?:p
Nope, not one little iota.

And, FTR, it's the same colour as my helmet, so it's not a colour issue.

It just screams "try-hard" to me.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Looks like a copy of a Simpson helmet, with modular design. I like the simpsons, but I have to say no in the roof. And in my eyes, it doesn't bear much resemblance to a fighter pilot helmet. But that's just my :2cents:

If it's what you want, go for it. Just make sure it'll protect your skull.

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah there is a pic of one if you google it which is all black...really looks better. cookee it's not terrrrible is it?! :D

just check out the other colors...

hey it's better than this guy's brain bucket...

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'm really not a fan of flip-up chin guard style helmets. They add weight, and you lose protection over full face helmets.

I mean they are fine for scooters and cruisers I guess. I wouldn't wear one personally on an aggressive ride.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I guess some people like to stand out like sore thumbs to the rest, so in a helmet anything will do as long as it is extreme. So something that has one or several spikes on it would be ideal to even a set of horns.

Still I do a LOT of riding in these mtn roads & the most popular colour to their 1/2, 3/4 or FF helmet is BLACK. Most seem to want to look NORMAL be they riding a HD, Cruiser, Touring bike, dual purpose or sportbike.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Smitty said:
I guess some people like to stand out like sore thumbs...
Yep, that's why I wear a bright yellow helmet. :thumb:

FLA ZX9R - That's still a bit Storm Trooper-ish for my tastes. But, hey, knock yourself out. :thumb:

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
If neither helmet are DOT or SNELL approved, then you will more then likely get a ticket for improper gear, at least in the U.S. :2cents:

Personally, I have had Shoei and ICON helmets, I will stick with Shoei any day over another brand, yes they are your typical helmet, but damn they are comfy. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jester said:
If neither helmet are DOT or SNELL approved, then you will more then likely get a ticket for improper gear, at least in the U.S. :2cents:

Personally, I have had Shoei and ICON helmets, I will stick with Shoei any day over another brand, yes they are your typical helmet, but damn they are comfy. :D
Got that right, you won't be able to look at your helmet if your wearing it anyway.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Catback said:
Got that right, you won't be able to look at your helmet if your wearing it anyway.
:thumbs2: But it helps when the ladies like the design!

Here's mine, gotta keep with my screen name.... and the name of my dog. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts