Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was out there 8 years ago (dad's name was being added to the list of those that have died and "may" have been around Agent Orange).
I've never really gotten the HD bug BUT...it was quite a thing to see and hear!
I plan on taking my kids in a few years. There is a special ceremony every year for those that are on the "list". I think it will be cool for my kids to hear the name of the grandfather that they never got to meet!

:thumb:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amen.

It is quite something to see the Wall and read the names, I am told. I have only seen it on the news and the smaller travelling wall that goes around.
Not the same thing at all.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
fasterbusa said:
Amen.

It is quite something to see the Wall and read the names, I am told. I have only seen it on the news and the smaller travelling wall that goes around.
Not the same thing at all.
I have been to the wall and Arlington, and other war memorials and cemetaries in and around the D.C. area, and, their is no greater honor than being in the presence of the brave men who valiantly served and gave the ultimate sacrifice to secure our freedoms, their loved ones, and friends. It is as compelling as it is emotional to visit the memorials. Washington D.C. is an amazing place rich in history and memory.

God Bless America!!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts