Sportbike World banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Damn... I didn't even see this group... damn... well better late than never...

2002-2005 Beale AFB, CA

2005-2008 Elmendorf AF, AK

·
Registered
10 Posts
AFROTC Cadet
Det. 218 Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and Indiana State

Hopefully going to Eglin AFB when I graduate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
But Sir, There were two of them!

USMC...93 to present...former MP, now do a little intel work...

Around the world this year in every craphole there is, and loving every minute of it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sir, yes sir!

SSgt Zagadinow, Hameed: Hailing from tyndall AFB Florida

Been in since 96

Been all over the world and downrange 3X, most recently to Kirkuk, Iraq and I'm about to go back:)

Rinding a 2004 Triumph Daytona 955i and loving it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thought I would post here even though I'm just a cruiser rider for now.

Can't seem to find a nice bike in my price range! Looking at a YZF600 on Monday...

Anyway:

USMC 1999-2003

E-5
MOS: 2531 (Now 0621)

Basic: Paris Island, SC
Comm School: 29 Palms, CA (HOT!)
MCT: Camp Lejeune, NC

Stationed: Camp Lejeune, NC (2FSSG Comm Co)

Deployed: MSSG24 - USS Trenton (LPD something)
MSSG24 - USS Ponce (Another LPD)

Does anyone else still post here?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
USMC Retired

Active duty:
1983 - 2005

Been around the world a couple of times, so too many locations to list.

Currently working civil service in Camp Lejeune NC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let's see
USAF Brat: Little Rock AFB, Jacksonville, AR
USN H-60 Seahawk AW(MOS): 1993-2004, NAS Jacksonville, FL
NAS Pensacola, FL
USA H-60 Blackhawk aviator: 2004-present: FT. Carson, CO

Might try the Coast Guard or Air NG before I'm done at 20yrs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
USAF Security Forces Oct-00 til Oct-04

was stationed in Okinawa, Japan for my whole enlistment and been around the world and back - too many to list as well. Learned to ride in Okinawa... one of those places where you learn quick or get run the *&^* over. Had a blast while I was in and miss it a little bit now... civilian life has a pretty slow yet enjoyable OPS TEMPO...

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
crazy2758 said:
USAF Security Forces Oct-00 til Oct-04

was stationed in Okinawa, Japan for my whole enlistment and been around the world and back - too many to list as well. Learned to ride in Okinawa... one of those places where you learn quick or get run the *&^* over. Had a blast while I was in and miss it a little bit now... civilian life has a pretty slow yet enjoyable OPS TEMPO...
Gotta love Okinawa and the driving conditions. Especially down on gate 2 street at night.

What kind of bike did you have on the island?

·
Registered
62 Posts
You're right all the roads were made of coral and were slick as shit when it rained which was like every day. Sounds like you had some 1st hand experience... were you AF or USMC? Anyways, I had 3 bikes on the island, my first bike was 1993 Ninja ZZR 250. I got tired of it in like 2 months but kept it nearly a year. It was a great first bike. I bought it for $500 cuz the idiot thought it needed a new carburetor. I put in $20 worth of spark plugs and it ran fine the whole time i had it and i sold it for $1200 after i beat on it for a year. My 2nd bike was a ninja ZXR400 which i had for about a year as well and my third and final bike on the island was a '98 CBR 400. I really like that bike and debated on bringing it home since it was in mint condition. I thought it would be cool cuz no one else would have or probably even have heard of a 400cc sportbike. The shipping on it ended up being something ridiculous plus i had to pay more to make it meet emissions which wasn't cool so i sold it right before i left. Besides, a 400 isn't big enough for the states. I bought an '02 gixxer 750 right when i got back and i'm so glad i did, i luv that thing, my gf broke up with me cuz i was riding too much and not paying enough attention to her but i don't give two shits cuz now i don't have to listen to anyone bitch when i'm out riding all day now. HAHA> What did you sport in oki?

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
crazy2758 said:
You're right all the roads were made of coral and were slick as shit when it rained which was like every day. Sounds like you had some 1st hand experience... were you AF or USMC? Anyways, I had 3 bikes on the island, my first bike was 1993 Ninja ZZR 250. I got tired of it in like 2 months but kept it nearly a year. It was a great first bike. I bought it for $500 cuz the idiot thought it needed a new carburetor. I put in $20 worth of spark plugs and it ran fine the whole time i had it and i sold it for $1200 after i beat on it for a year. My 2nd bike was a ninja ZXR400 which i had for about a year as well and my third and final bike on the island was a '98 CBR 400. I really like that bike and debated on bringing it home since it was in mint condition. I thought it would be cool cuz no one else would have or probably even have heard of a 400cc sportbike. The shipping on it ended up being something ridiculous plus i had to pay more to make it meet emissions which wasn't cool so i sold it right before i left. Besides, a 400 isn't big enough for the states. I bought an '02 gixxer 750 right when i got back and i'm so glad i did, i luv that thing, my gf broke up with me cuz i was riding too much and not paying enough attention to her but i don't give two shits cuz now i don't have to listen to anyone bitch when i'm out riding all day now. HAHA> What did you sport in oki?
USMC. I was there for a 7 month pump back in the late 90s. Drove a mini van, because I'm a scuba diver. But I did learn to appreciate all the bikes I saw out there. It was amazing to see functional, competitive 400 cc sportbikes, fully equipped, owning the roads.

The coral roads were definitely a hoot. My van had limited slip... so I was always spinning both tires uselessly :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
USMC!
Avionics Technician (F-18, C-130)
1992 Parris Island, SC.
1993 NAS Millington, Tn.
1993 NAS Oceana, Va.
1994 MCAS El Toro, Ca.
1999-1997 NAS Miramar, Ca.

·
Registered
62 Posts
USMC. I was there for a 7 month pump back in the late 90s. Drove a mini van, because I'm a scuba diver. But I did learn to appreciate all the bikes I saw out there. It was amazing to see functional, competitive 400 cc sportbikes, fully equipped, owning the roads.

The coral roads were definitely a hoot. My van had limited slip... so I was always spinning both tires uselessly
Did you ever see those Honda NSR 250's?? they were so damn fast, the could smoke most 750's!! and nearly all the 400's and 600's on the island. They were two stroke so the fuel had to be mixed with oil which was probably a pain but they had ungodly acceleration. They looked like little toys. I'm pretty sure they never sent any to the states and I think for a good stretch they never exported any of them even outside of Japan. Check them out online if you've never heard about them you'll be amazed how zippy those little things were. I think they stopped making them in the late 90's though. I wish I could get my hands on one in the states somehow.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
crazy2758 said:
Did you ever see those Honda NSR 250's?? they were so damn fast, the could smoke most 750's!! and nearly all the 400's and 600's on the island. They were two stroke so the fuel had to be mixed with oil which was probably a pain but they had ungodly acceleration. They looked like little toys. I'm pretty sure they never sent any to the states and I think for a good stretch they never exported any of them even outside of Japan. Check them out online if you've never heard about them you'll be amazed how zippy those little things were. I think they stopped making them in the late 90's though. I wish I could get my hands on one in the states somehow.
There were a bunch of the NSRs around. And they were ungodly. I heard there was a lot of underground racing, and they were typically the bike to come out on top.

I've seen pictures of NSRs in the states, but I don't think the 250 is the one I've seen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Alright my turn....:D

Active Duty Army: Enlisted 63M Bradley Mechaninic

Jun03-Nov03 OSUT- Ft. Knox, KY
Dec03-Jan05 3-7Cav- Ft Stewart, GA
Jan05-Present 3-7Cav- Iraq

·
Registered
4 Posts
New York Army National Guard here, started in Rhode Island as 13 bravo but am reclassing as a 15 tango in OCt. due to the closest FA unit in New York being something like 100+ miles away. I do sort of miss the big guns, though helicopter maintenance is easier on the body

·
Registered
5 Posts
newb..kinda

Well, I am active Navy, outta NAB Little Creek....

My next tour is suppoesed to be in GTMO..but, I have been ord-mod'd 3 times already...and I am still 6 months out...

Anyway...currently, out on an exercise..

99-03 USS Sentry(MCM-3_
Feb 15th03-Aug-03, HSV-X1 Joint Venture(OIF)
Aug03-Present HSV-2 SWIFT

Yeah, i am itching for shore duty...

Chase

61 - 80 of 86 Posts