Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting this hopefully for the flood of SBN'rs from Oregon. I've been a member here at SBW for a few weeks longer than SBN but
sorry to say this forum had little traffic and even fewer riders from my area, but that'll change soon I'm guessing with the demise of SBN.

So here's a welcome to all my SBN brothers and sisters from the Portland/Vancouver area. :twofinger

·
Registered
30 Posts
There aren't too many Oregon/SW Washington riders on these type of sites.....not sure why, but I've never seen that many. I'm part of a Yahoo! site (NW_rpm), but it's on the small side. In any case, I'm on the SW side of Portland.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey erik, yeah I'm a member of NW_rpm too but SBN had such a good Oregon/SW Wash crowd, something close too 40 I think, that's what made it so good and it was very active compared to here.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I'm here

Othello said:
I just sent you a PM :D

I'm here
Hi Othello, good to see you here. I just got off the phone with liv2day and he's sending out an e-mail too all the SBNr's he had. To bad about all the new guys we didn't have contact with yet though :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Re: I'm here

Moto24 said:

Hi Othello, good to see you here. I just got off the phone with liv2day and he's sending out an e-mail too all the SBNr's he had. To bad about all the new guys we didn't have contact with yet though :(
I completely agree, we're hoping they remember how to get to OMP, so we can get back in touch with them. But there were a lot of new ones in the last week or so that probally didn't save the directions unfortunatly

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm here as well.

I like Bigbill's idea...maybe we can request a PDX area forum for the Portland/Vancouver area. I don't want to exclude the guys from Corvallis, etc, but maybe they'd join anyway.

Hope to see some of the new folks on here so we can get together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm still here. Figured you guys would be here. Also I just signed up for CYD's site. Ask CYDVicious for details

·
Registered
9 Posts
CDoty said:
I'm still here. Figured you guys would be here. Also I just signed up for CYD's site. Ask CYDVicious for details
Hey, is that you Cam? Just curious, don't know anyone else that rides a ZX9 (other than Moto24).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Brad, yeah it's me Cam

sorry I forgot my name changed

hey my wife and I were just talking about you today, how you been? You healing up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Cdoty (aka Cam) :D

I'm doing pretty well. The recovery continues, although not quite as fast as I'd like. I'm up and walking, although I still can't take a normal stride. I'm dyin' to get back on 2 wheels...with any luck I'll have a new bike in the garage before the end of the year.

You guys should come out for one of the OMP Friday nights. Hopefully, some of the new folks will show up so we can turn them onto this site.

Good to hear from you...look forward to riding with you as soon as I can :cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's great to hear you're doing better. Just take it easy. Never broke my pelvis but i broke my scapula once and couldnt lift my arm for over a month no matter how hard i tried. it might as well had not been attached. plus about 3 mos of physical therapy afterwards. sucks but it came back in time. you'll probably learn to hate cold weather in the near future. i do anyways.

i can't wait to see you out there too. it was a great year and i learned a lot. most of all to back far away from my limits and take it easy and have fun. i think next year if i can handle it financially it's class time for me. we'll see.

i'll tell the wife about fridays and you should see us sometime soon. take care. :twofinger

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everyone I been a member here before SBN but alas the great SBN has fallen and to answer your concerns us Corvallis/Albany folk will just join the PDX board if one is created.....:twofinger

·
Registered
12 Posts
We oughta just start our own site for the NW to better divide up the forums, get one for our photots, our trips, OMP chat etc. If anyone wanted to split the time and investment I'd be interested. It'd provide a nice place for photo albums etc. and really encourage new people to participate with a well organized group.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts