Sportbike World banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's cool! I will be taking my wife Sat. We will probably be out there that evening. But I plan on being out early Sun. for a ride.

Instead of meeting at Sloan's, let's meet at that BP station down the road at the corner of M'boro Rd and Thompson Ln. We can gas up and head out from there. Just let me know a time to meet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The BP sounds good to me, say sometime around 10ish? I should be over my hangover by then. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Group Ride Today

Good Ride Today. Lets do it again! Here is todays Pic from our RestStop.

Right to left:

Motorider Dave600r JroosterF4i

·
Registered
6 Posts
Were you guys at Sloans at any point? I think I saw you all driving down broad st. Wish my bike was fixed :(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah, good ride today. Thanks tons, moto and dave. Had a great time. Definitely have to do it again. Certainly learned a lot about my riding ability on those twisties. Ya'll ride safe now, ya hear!

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah, definitely had fun today. Next time we all have to bring the cool gadgets Moto had today. I must admit he can definitely find some good roads. :thumbs2: I will be off in another 2 weeks so give me a heads up for another ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not a track Day but a HSTA ride event

Some excellent riding in the Georgia mountains. Trailer up Friday afternoon, rode Saturday, trailer back Sunday. I discovered new limits riding with the boys. I leaned the bike to new places on the tire and was comfortable doing it again and again. I really enjoyed opening the throttle in the coners to catch the guys who were horse power deficient on their KLR's. Those KLR's could rail in the tight stuff which caused me to work hard to keep up, moving all over the bike. We did a 320mile day, rode through 3 states and joked about committing 3 felons in 3 states. A group 10min behind us were got caught in a hail storm which was rain for us but other than that good weather all weekend.

HSTA is always looking for new members and there is another close event to us fall of this year. Come on and join!

Thanks for asking!

You guys open for a ride this coming weekend?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'm ready to ride when ya'll are.....think I'm gonna go fishing with my uncle on saturday (haven't seen him in 4 years) so sunday is best for me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
are you asking if it's a good day or are you asking that I care that it's mother's day??? :confused:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well actually I was making sure you remembered... I am not sure if I will be able to ride Sunday. I will be visiting with my mother so if anything Sunday afternoon.

What's the plan for you "Dave600r"?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Weather is not supposed to be good until Sun. I'm sure all the roads are going to have crap all over them. But other than that I might be able to slip away.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Count me out!

Sorry guys but I am not going to be able to ride this weekend. I have a full plate with no riding time avaliable.

Try again in two weeks?

Dave600r you work every other weekend right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah, I gotta work next weekend then I'm off the next. I gotta full plate also, with my son in baseball and all. We need to hook up again though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'm up if the weather is decent. Sat or Sun....lemme know when and where so I can shine up my furry bunny slippers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, I'm going to be at Percy Priest camping all weekend. I won't even be able to ride at all. The wife has me by the short hairs. Let me know how the ride goes though. Take some more pictures.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts