Sportbike World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me more about this rocker pealing thing? I am looking at buying a 98' 748 sps for $8000. It only has 2300 miles on it and is perfect. A ducati service man in his 50's owned it.What do you think?

·
Registered
193 Posts
kenf3 said:
Can you tell me more about this rocker pealing thing? I am looking at buying a 98' 748 sps for $8000. It only has 2300 miles on it and is perfect. A ducati service man in his 50's owned it.What do you think?
it's a problem mainly concerning 4 valve ducati's.there's almost no way to tell if or how many rockers will flake.i have absolutely beat the piss out of my bike(as a 996 and as a 1026 with SPS stage 1 cams)and only had one flake ever,at 10,604 miles.the problem is "SPS'S" come with no warranty at all.i will tell you if for instance you purchased the bike and had one or a couple go bad,Ducati North America is pretty easy to get a hold of and twist there arm a little bit and they will usually pick up the tab(you didn't hear that from me).even if they didn't the rockers run from $166-$330.you just want to keep up on the recommended service intervals,as i'm sure you can imagine if this problem goes untreated it can wear on the cam lobes.all in all it's reallly not that big of a deal though,just have them checked when their supposed to be checked.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts