Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone here read Roadracing world mag?

i have seen the last couple issues and they seem to be a good mag. has anyone heard otherwise?

·
Registered
101 Posts
RR World Mag

Yeah, I got a free copy at the Pocono Race in August and I was quite impressed. I just sent in the card for a year's subscribtion. It seems like a good rag, it has a good mixture of racing articles, racing news, advertisement, classifieds and racing/bike improvement modifications.

If you are into roadracing as a fan or as a participant, RRW seems like a fairly good choice. It may be worth comparing similar mags to it and considering your needs as well.

Good luck,

Marc

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
It is a good magazine that gives back to the sport. :cool: The owner is also the owner of the Valvoline Emgo Suzuki Race team, John Ulrich(if I'm not mistaken). :)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
roadracingworld rules. i used to read four magazines (cw, motorcyclist, sportrider and american motorcyclist). i subscribed to rrw and realized that i didn't so many magazines. i could get rrw, get the facts and have a lot more to read.

seriously, i picked up a copy of sportrider last monday and had it read on my flight from bwi to atlanta. the whole thing was done. what a waste. damn, rainey, doohan and schwantz article that i wasted $4 on.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
RRW is one of the very few motorcycle magazines that I will pay for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Other Bike Mags

Being a Motorcycle nut, like many of you out there, along with RRW I also subscribe to Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN), Motorcyclist (just returned to it after dropping it for a couple of years), Sport Rider and Rider (got it cheap but will not re-subscribe to it). What other MC mags do you subscribe to?

Have fun,

Marc :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I get RRW and American Motorcyclist. I used to get Sport Rider, Cyleworld and Motorcyclist but they, how should I say it, suck. Same articles in all three and their tests are slanted towards who bought the most ads space at the time. I on occasion by Superbike Magazine for three reasons, better reviews on bikes, parts that aren't available here and the bike pictures.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
YZFRob said:
I I on occasion by Superbike Magazine for three reasons, better reviews on bikes, parts that aren't available here and the bike pictures.
Yea, I especially like the ones with the big jugs. :D oops did I say that.

I know Jack Frost, the online editor. He rides with us and helps run the T.E.A.M. Arizona Track days. He is a nice guy. As far as RRW goes, if you race at the club level you have to subscribe, there is more info and access to parts and components that work instead of just look good. John Ulrich is also very good at keeping the advertisers honest. If he finds out someone that has advertised in his mag is cheating customers he calls them on the carpet so you can be pretty certain that you will not get ripped off when dealing with the companies in the mag. RRW also sheds a little light on the club level racer and gives some of us a chance to see our names in a national level magazine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts