Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes..I know..this must bring out the squid in me. :( But anyway, tonight I saw an WRX and some other tricked out car racing on a highway so I was following them for a while, but I was just wondering if any of you road race on your bike. I doubt I will, because of the obvious possible accident results. Also the whole points on license thing. :(

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
In my case it is a past tense word being "use to" well two of them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok..well anyone care to explain why they "used to"? Got caught? Got more mature? lol

·
Registered
925 Posts
Racing on the freeways is called street racing, not road racing.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
use to back in 1987 - 1989 ... wouldn't do it again... grew up realized how dangerous it was and stupid... never got caught back then but the cops back home (FL) were more layed back then around here not to mention times have changed and they have zero tolerance anymore for it :2cents:

there are too many tracks that you can take it to and do it safely :thumb:

E.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Grew up was my reason. After my recovery from a near fatal wreck (not street racing invloved), I saw what was there for me and people I would affect if I did bite the big one. I also can't take another major hit without some heavy drawbacks. :eek:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The cost of modifying stock bikes back in late 40 was one bike that was ONLY for road racing. By '50 one could obtain a true road racer from the UK but then again ONLY for road racing AND very costly PLUS one needed to order in parts that would be needed during practices & racing not only tyres, but components of the power-plant.

Cost of raceing gear was an additional cost along with work required to keep the bikes humming to some costly prangs that totaled somebikes or injured self & again more costs on replacement racing gear for myself to sometimes a totally new bike.

Found it best to have a pit crew of two & they had to know their stuff & exactly what I had been doing to the bikes.

Tack in that travelling to most circuits was costly to all of us along with two days to get to some, only to find the one's only a day away, were closed by owners as populations increased & the circuit & land needed for housing to shopping malls plus complaints by recently moved in residents not to far away to some realistate people that would complain about the noise though no homes yet & in somecases not for another 3 to 5 yrs..

I often bought 'used' panel trucks so I could carry the crew, camping items, food, water, raingear, etc., while bike(s) were brought along by homemade trailers.

True in the first year I would ride the bike to the circuit, but to many complaints by the RCMP due to straight pipe, & hardely any lighting equipment which I would take off to compete. In those days it was NOT necessary to have lights, but riding 200 miles home in the dark with no lighting was a no-no.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Whats the sense. These little civics and what not that are on the street are not even worth consqueses much less the fuel. If you do run accross ones of these little cars that is truely built, and can run with a bike, then bring it to the track for the show down.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Oh so you chaps are talking about illegal street racing on cages. Well sorry for being a m/c board I thought you were talking about legal road racing of m/cs on proper circuits.

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is a guy i know with a Eagle Talon calling out Hayabusa's. Last year at the track he turned a [email protected] This year he thinks he is in the 9's. I raced a late model modded ninja 600 from 30-110 put 2 bus lengths on him.

·
Registered
925 Posts
EdgeRanger said:
Whats the sense. These little civics and what not that are on the street are not even worth consqueses much less the fuel. If you do run accross ones of these little cars that is truely built, and can run with a bike, then bring it to the track for the show down.
:thumb:

It is fun to run the occasional Z06/Viper/something of that caliber though... the very very very few times the owners will actually run their car like it was made too.:p

·
Registered
370 Posts
NorthernNinja said:
There is a guy i know with a Eagle Talon calling out Hayabusa's. Last year at the track he turned a [email protected] This year he thinks he is in the 9's. I raced a late model modded ninja 600 from 30-110 put 2 bus lengths on him.
I had a guy the other week mouthing off in his Z06 on a public road with me on the 1/4 liter... Told him to meet me at Midnight Madness that night... Just got the 'Busa running again two days before, no fairings etc,. etc. Told him I took off the fairings :D
Very poor showing for the 'Busa (embarrassed to post the numbers! Bad for a 'Busa) One pass shut him and his friends up... Then I told him I didn't get out of second gear....

Road (or Street) just isn't worth the trouble... Besides, it's better with a crowd there!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
I won't do it because I came with in less of a inch from hitting a deer at 100 mph, I then realized it's not worth my life or the ticket.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ninja250F18 said:
I won't do it because I came with in less of a inch from hitting a deer at 100 mph, I then realized it's not worth my life or the ticket.
:topic:
Which one of you had the better facial expression??? :eek:
The dear in the headlights or you under the helmet???

I had a bird hit the top of my helmet at 80+mph... Cracked the helmet in two... First and last time I rode without a helmet...

That deer would have fooked you up!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Gottico said:
Which one of you had the better facial expression??? :eek:
The dear in the headlights or you under the helmet???

I had a bird hit the top of my helmet at 80+mph... Cracked the helmet in two... First and last time I rode without a helmet...

That deer would have fooked you up!!!
I'm not sure who had the better facial expression, my butt-hole puckered up so tight I couldn't take a crap if my life depended on it, and the deer when it slipped on the concrete it started to crap and on of the pelets hit my face mask on my helmet. But yeah I wouldn't be here if I hit that deer.:(

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ninja250F18 said:
I'm not sure who had the better facial expression, my butt-hole puckered up so tight I couldn't take a crap if my life depended on it, and the deer when it slipped on the concrete it started to crap and on of the pelets hit my face mask on my helmet. But yeah I wouldn't be here if I hit that deer.:(
First Bambi runs out in front of you then craps on you!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Talk about going from bad to worst!!! You gotta admit that's funny...

·
Registered
33 Posts
lmao im sorry.glad nothin happened to ya and you learned from it.but damn thats a funny.not literally but just how it was expalined.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts