Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with RV camping at Road America? We are trying to decide where within RA to reserve a spot for the Motorhome. Any particular place to avoid? Whats the best spot in your opinion, and why? Is the $275 "Special Reserved" section worth it? What do you get? Are there any power hookups?

The RA website is pretty vague, and the people answering the phone are pretty clueless.

Any constructive help is appreciated, THANKS!

Buck

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Buck, I'm not sure if things have changed recently but when I was there in 97 RVs were the only camping allowed and they were all parked right behind the paddock area. It wasn't a situation where you could just drive around and pick a good viewing spot.

I do think they allow tent camping on premises now so maybe they have loosened up a bit. I don't remember any good viewing places where you would be able to get an RV near but like I said it has been awhile.

There was a small grandstand(more like little set of bleachers) near turn 6 which was a pretty good viewing spot. RA isn't the greatest spectator track outside of the consession. They have the best consession on the AMA circuit. :D

I'm sure there will be more folks on here to give you more recent input. All of the above is based on a somewhat faded memory. Either way you will have a damn good time there. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts