Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know I'm a bit of a noob at this, but what kind of rivalries are there between manufacturers???

Sure, we all love riding, but I'm sure some people have been given a hard time about whatever they may be riding... It seems that most people in here kinda rag on the Kaw Ninjas, albeit nicely. Are there any other hatreds than "Harley Davidson vs. everyone but Buell"?? Do CBR riders have fits over Ninjas???

Thanks in advance! I just wanna make sure that I don't ride into something that could be a lil bit of an ego bruiser.

·
Registered
256 Posts
While many are loyal to their manufacturer, very few let that get in the way of anything. Capabilities among bikes may vary, but rider skill and experience make more difference than anything else. Take the MSF course (or equivalent), get a bike that works for you (lots of advice here, search the forums) and learn how to ride safely. It'll be a blast and you won't worry about what others have or don't have.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool. I got my license already through the Penna. MSF course. It was more than worth my time.

I have been looking particularly at bikes around 500-600cc for the time being as a "starter" bike. My dad has a single cyl. 650, but I don't much like his bike, and I'm a wee bit hesitant to push myself since it isn't my own property. I have eyes on a number of Suzuki GS500s, Kaw EX500s/ninjas, and an occasional 600cc sneaks its way into my mind. :D

I just wanted to make sure it's not like the doggone "Ricer industry" for cars where the only import is Honda and everyone else can eat dogmeat... :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts