Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593489373

This guys says he invested $27K + in the bike. How much would you guys spend on a polished 99 GSXR with a "$7,000 paint job"? And no mention of go fast parts but it does have a pipe. I am thinking this dude was ripped off on the bill, cause that bike aint worth the $35K he has spent.

There is one born every day!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Nuts!

Well, he obviously has more money than sense and as for the paint, it looks like the pearlesant "flip" used on some TVR sports cars. Check out the new John Travolta film to see what I mean. As for the range of colors it's meant to change to - don't think so. At least someone will benifit from the waste !:p

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've heard, but could be wrong, that that paint costs $5000.00 a quart depending on how many colors are in it:rolleyes:

It looks pretty awsome, but I wouldn't ride it everyday. I'd be afraid to mess it up.

·
Registered
118 Posts
and why is there a ton of pictures from the right side and only one from the left???????

something screwy

·
Registered
714 Posts
Paint

Maybe the left side is the yellow, copper etc. side. :D
As for price, it's about £300 per litre here and as it is mixed to spec. just make sure you get some xtra for damage repairs ! :crying:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If it's so great, then why is he selling it? Hmmmmmm?:confused:
Gee, look who read "Fun with HTML!"

I'd rather ride a Kawasaki than ride that thing!;) ;) ;)

S

·
0 Posts
"It's a real conversation piece!" well, he was right, but maybe a prospective buyer should read this post.

ALSO INCLUDED!!!!! 1 GHETTO HELMET, NO EXTRA CHARGE, ACT NOW, WON'T LAST!!!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
If someone actually bids on that, let me know....I've got a spray-painted and rusting F-2 in my garage that I have somewhere around $56,000 invested in and will sell for only $11,200!!!!:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
He got ripped off! On the other side of that, It's chromed all to H3LL. Someone total stripped it down and worked on it for a while, even the engine looksed chromed, I think lol?

Here's my issues:
You're right Appex, $5000 a quart, he says 8 colors. TO MUCH MONEY!
Anyone else notice that the Chain isn't Chromed? He didn't think to hard on that one did he.
Under the rear isn't closed in, you know EuroTailish (Made up a new word lol)
Oh yeah and it's UGLY!

2800 Miles on a 3 year old bike. Geez...LOOOSER! Someone E-mail him a link to this Thread LMAO

·
Registered
741 Posts
That's the Ford "Mystic" type paint. it came on certain cobras and is manufactured by BASF.

I have to admit, that is a sweet bike. I like it, and it looks great! I doubt he spent that much really, but thinks some other sap will believe him!

Oh well, it's still a sweet bike! :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
OMG...I can't believe I forgot about the Cobras! Oh well, You're right though. Some fool in my town painted a 95 or 96 Camero like that too. It looks like crap because for some reason all of the body panels bend in at the seams. At least it looks that way.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts