Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as i live in scotland and it does,nt get that hot i always wear either a leather jacket or a sports jacket with armour and would recommend this to all bikers.remember it is,nt always your fault that you fall off but at 30mph you slide for 6 yrds before you start grinding bone.is it worth it just to keep cool or look good? thats 6 yrds then its bone!!!.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I live in New Orleans where the average temperature is approximately HELL at all times. Humidity makes it that much more pleasant. Even so, I don't go out without my Full gear on. The wind vents make it bearable, and living is important to me. No one stops for red lights here and I prefer not to look like the guy on Rotten.com!

What I don't get are the guys who wear the helmets with tank tops and shorts! Yes, its hot, but that skin graft surgery will be a lot less pleasant! Always looking at the bright side of life I suppose.:)

And with my $.02, I am gone.
Tt

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Here in hell without humidity (PHX) I sacrifice the jacket so I don't die of Sun stroke on the way home from work...its a personal choice...but I advocate the jacket to any rider who rides where its feasible...I consider anything under 100 feasible for a jacket...:D

P

·
0 Posts
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket. Without a doubt, it's much better than nothing, and it almost feels like nothing. I love mine.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Pete said:
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket. Without a doubt, it's much better than nothing, and it almost feels like nothing. I love mine.
I second dat! It's definitely worth the money. It's even comfortable on hot, humid days... awesome.:cool:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Pete said:
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket.
If you can find one. They must be pretty popular, I ordered one for my dad for father's day and it's backordered:rolleyes:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pete said:
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix ?) mesh jacket is the ticket. I love mine.
Ok, Here is what I need to know. I love my JR Meteor but it is fitted for men. I need to hear from the women riders out there what they wear in the summer heat to ride. The Phoenix looks ok, but I have these two things called boobs and hips (ok, maybe more than 2 things :D ) that make part of these jackets real tight, and the others real loose. Joe Rocket has a special section for womens jackets, but I would like to hear actual references from the people who wear them.

Getting the Visa warmed up,
T

P

·
0 Posts
Ttiana said:
Ok, Here is what I need to know. I love my JR Meteor but it is fitted for men. I need to hear from the women riders out there what they wear in the summer heat to ride. The Phoenix looks ok, but I have these two things called boobs and hips (ok, maybe more than 2 things :D ) that make part of these jackets real tight, and the others real loose. Joe Rocket has a special section for womens jackets, but I would like to hear actual references from the people who wear them.

Getting the Visa warmed up,
T
Tracey, I really do feel sorry for you; it seems like most women have the same troubles with riding apparel, and that sucks. As for the Phoenix jacket, might I suggest you find a local dealer that has them and go try one on. I realize that they are fitted for men, but the mesh is a bit flexible, and there are velcro straps at the waistband which offer a pretty wide range of adjustability. I know, the jacket that fits you across the chest will probably have it's shoulders at your elbows and cuffs three inches past your fingertips. ;) I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but maybe you'll get lucky. Good luck.

Oh, this place, http://www.motagear.com/ , is often recommended by women when discussing riding gear. I did notice that their online store is currently closed, but there is a phone number to call.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Pete said:

I know, the jacket that fits you across the chest will probably have it's shoulders at your elbows and cuffs three inches past your fingertips. ;)
Well, actually, I have an XL in my Joe Rocket and the shoulders are only slightly off if at all (I'm built like Xena;) ). Sleeves maybe 1.5-2 inches longer than I would like but the velcro makes it fit well enough.

I was searching Mota earlier today and saw they are closed for repair. What I was looking for is the Alpinestars Womens Downtown Jacket in a size EU 48. Motorcycle Superstore has them to 46 but I can't find them anywhere else. Tried to email thru the Alpinestars-Usa web site but it was Mailer-Daemon'd. There was a phone number so I might try that. If anyone knows someone who stocks Alpinestars apparel, please let me know! The girls need breathing room ;) .

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Ttiana said:

What I don't get are the guys who wear the helmets with tank tops and shorts! Yes, its hot, but that skin graft surgery will be a lot less pleasant! Always looking at the bright side of life I suppose.:)

And with my $.02, I am gone.
Tt
My favorite is a local rookie who totaled a 929 last year on the interstate (his first bike), spent serious hospital time with a badly injured leg, has part of a knee-cap missing, etc. etc., his riding buddy on the 'Busa who hit him died, and he rides his new Gixxer 1000 in a Vanson jacket, SHORTS, and some FINE high priced "tennies". Makes me wonder...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts