Sportbike World banner

What do you do when you find out that your group has a bunch of squids in it?

• Keep riding

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • Wait for the first break and talk to the squids

Votes: 22 11.9%
  • Turn around and go home

Votes: 13 7.0%
  • Laugh when they get hurt

Votes: 39 21.1%
  • Find a different road to ride

Votes: 56 30.3%
  • Pump it up with them

Votes: 13 7.0%

Riding with Squids ?

14K views 34 replies 26 participants last post by  endleswavz 
#1 ·
12-8-02

Thanks to mrgreggb for this poll.

#27 ·
A squid is someone who rides their bike like an asshole, doing wheelies, stoppies, burnouts and what not on the public streets. And generaly makling the the cagers and the politco think that motorcycle riders need to be controled more.
That was an easy call.

#28 ·
wheelie123 said:
I've had too many run-ins with the law to ride with squids anymore. The less attention that gets drawn to me the better. I'll help other riders, but to me a 'squid' means a, for lack of better term, 'stupid' rider. A squid is intent on being a fool on his bike, and he/she will not leave Squiddom until he/she crashes. Squids attract the attention of the law, and in some cases, the cops will pull over everyone in the group. I can't have that.

I love this post...common sense is brewing...

#29 ·
molebaby said:
A squid is someone who rides their bike like an asshole, doing wheelies, stoppies, burnouts and what not on the public streets. And generaly makling the the cagers and the politco think that motorcycle riders need to be controled more.
That was an easy call.
Cool, so really they are the minority right?
In other speaking only in numbers, they don't out number the entire commnunity of responsible Sportbike riders.
That's good to know....:p

#30 ·
"SQUID"- A. sportbike rider lacking in skill but thinking he is god's gift to the bike community. Blasting past your local highschool at 100+ mph trying for the life of him to pick the front wheel more than 6 inches off the ground so he can look impressive to 15 year old girls.

B. A rider with a rediculous ego. A minute amount of skill and talks himself up to be the next Kyle Woods. When his biggest trick is a 1/4 mile long standup wheelie... chasing BP all the way.

C. (this is my favorite) The young/unexperienced rider who thinks standing up on the pegs with no hands is a stunt. Who sits on his tank and rides around like it's supposed to be a trick and requires skill. The rider who sits at a stoplight revving his engine every three or four seconds... when it's FI. the guy you see rolling up to a stop sign at 4 mph trying to do a stoppie and the front wheel washes out on him and he drops the bike.

I could go on. But I think you get the general idea. I understand that everyone has to start somewhere... but I think it's more the general attitude.

Squid= thinking you're cool... when you're actually just an asshat

You're friendly SBW :squid:

#31 ·
the squid often is very skilled ....but often displays them at the wrong time in the wrong place...this will bring trouble to all of us...maybe even lead to the outlawing of sportbikes on the road at all....as big brother tights the noose on freedom and cages liberty, we must be careful not to swing public opinion in his favor...so be respectful to the cagers ...and have fun away from traffic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.