Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my usual riding partner (my brother) did it again. Wrecked that is. Cold tires will get you every time. Anyway, looks like he is out this weekend.

I am looking for anyone that might be interested in getting together for some riding. Saturday or Sunday is good (maybe even both?)

I am in Bethesda, but can make the ride to meet.

Bob

·
Registered
162 Posts
The weather looks to be great this weekend, especially Saturday. I wouldn't mind riding. I'm pretty much about the same distants between you guys. So what ever you guys decide....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saturday looks to be a little cooler on the heat index. Where do you guys normally ride? I am suspecting there are better roads out your way. What about out 70 towards Frederick? We could meet in the Owings Mill or a little lower on 95.

I am open to suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys,

Sounds good to me.

I'm in Rockville at the end of Beach Dr (north side)
Fredneck sounds cool. Maybe Howierd county.

Hey Cliffrock u interested?
And thanks again for telling me about the Northeast Forum.

Godsmack

·
Registered
380 Posts
I usually do a loop of about a 100 miles or so, covering northern Harford and Baltimore counties. I haven't ventured south of the city, so I'm pretty clueless as to any good roads out there. North of Towson, there's some backroads, and some decent riding. Um, out to the West- Carroll County, only been out that way once or twice.

I can make my lazy ass over to the West Side, if you guys want to meet there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Godsmack, if that is a picture of you in your avatar plan on meeting me at my house on Friday night! :D Anyway, if you live on Beach we are close. I live in Parkside Condos behind the Grovesnor Metro. We could meet in the parking lot the Sat morning and head up the beltway to meet these guys. I was gonna mail Cliffrock and see if he is in as well.

I would be up to do the 100 mile loop. inanima, where do you usually kick this off? Is there a rest stop on 95/695 we could meet at?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It usually kicks off as soon as I get on the bike :D
Seriously, if you guys wanted to come up this way, the Mountain Road (Fallston/Jarretsville) exit off of 95 is good, since there's a Park and Ride lot right there. Not sure of the number, it's the next exit after White Marsh (about 8 miles up).

·
Registered
236 Posts
sounds good. I have Friday off hehe, just in case anyone else does.
Saturday *EARLY* would be good for me, plenty of time...

I may still head to Starbucks tonight... minute by minute the weather looks different.

Pick a spot here locally Starbucks Rockville so us here can meet, then we can roll up to Baltimore after that. We can take Georgia up to I-70, then meet up with more people.

For example: Rockville Starbucks (the famous one) at 8am Saturday, then we roll out to a second rendezvous point 50-60 minutes later.:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am down with the clowns!!!! I too have Friday off (hehe x2) and will be putting on a new front fairing and resetting my sag.

0800 Saturday at Starbucks sounds like a winner to me!

I will be on the green/white/purple Ninja.

Cell 301-213-8827

So we figure to be at the rest stop around 1015?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey Guys,

Mind an extra rider on Saturday. I'm in the Inner Harbor and wouldn't mind meeting up along the way especially if your heading toward the city for your 10:15 coffee break. I've got to head out by 12:30 for a family get together but I could cruise for a while and peel off when I need to.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Geez, wasn't expecting this much of a response. Just got back from a Raven's game.

I live around Owings Mills but , don't know much about the area for riding. When Steve98yzf was up here riding, we just rode by some sites like the Ravens head quaters and by Cal Ripken's house. Always worried about this area, cause there's always tons of cops around. We have a lot of young hot girls that walk in the area, and I think thats why there mostly here.

Sounds like Inanima knows some areas.

So what are we deciding?......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[QOUTE]
Seriously, if you guys wanted to come up this way, the Mountain Road (Fallston/Jarretsville) exit off of 95 is good, since there's a Park and Ride lot right there. Not sure of the number, it's the next exit after White Marsh (about 8 miles up).
[/QUOTE]

Does this sound doable for the RockVegas types? You know I just HATE to have to ride anywhere just to go riding again :D

We could pick up Kneeslider on the far side of the toll plaza on 95.

Beltway riding is not my fav, but I don't think we can avoid it for some parts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I hate my job

Dammit, it figures the minute I want to go riding....Jus t got news from my inferior superiors that I may have to work this weekend. I feel like the guy in Office Space- "um, yeah, I'm going to need you to come in this weekend, ummm yeah."

So i may not be able to make it:crying: I'm goign to try to bust my ass today on this damn job, and get it done, but as usual around here I have to wait for everyone else to do their part before I can do mine.......arggggghhhhhh. So I'm off of here for a while, try to get it done, will check back later tonight, if you guys make plans- maybe out on the west side so you don't waste time coming up here if I can't go? if I can get this shit done, i'll try to make it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
North of the Toll plaza on 95 is great for me. Name the time....

I will have to peel off around 12:00 - 12:30 because of a picnic, but I'll ride as long as I can....

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
You better make it....your the one that is supposed to shows us around the area. Its not that fun riding in the Park n Ride all day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, let me try to lay out a plan.

0800 - Bethesda/RockVegas types meet at Starbucks
0845 - Depart
1000 - Meet Kneeslider at Northside of tollbooths on 95. Here is where it gets dicey.
Plan A - If inanimi can make it we will head north to meet him.

Plna B - If not we will take Kneesliders routes.

When Kneeslider peels if we are on Plan A we can continue

If we are on Plan B we can work our way west towards Fredneck. We can find good roads and you will usually cross paths with other riders.

Sound good!?

Give an aye aye reply, or be at Starbucks at 0800.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ay ay

good.

Me and my bro will be at Starbucks (the famous one) at 0800 8/25.

I'm Cliff (red RR) and he's Todd (Erion RR)

see you then!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts