Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody made plans for the weekend yet? CCS is riding @ Summit Point and if that's too far the weather looks great for local riding.

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mapquest says it's 80 miles from the inner harbor, 70 from the 695/70 merge. About half of it is on rt70, then smaller roads into WV.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually Saturday mornings are testing / practice with the races starting in the afternoon at about 20 minute intervals. Last time I went I got there about 12:00, walked through the paddock area for an hour or so, watch a few races then jumped back on the bike and headed home.

It's an interesting day but not a lot of twisties up and back. If people would rather hit some local backroads I'm VERY flexible.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Pop quiz...

1. What is CCS?
2. Which track are they on? Jefferson or main?
3. Are they going on Saturday and Sunday?
I am busy Saturday morning.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, I gotta be back by around 3, so I'm planning on riding Saturday in the morning up till mid-afternoon. Probably going to stick around here (Harford, Baltimore, Carroll counties), did too much freeway driving last weekend, need to do some local backroads I think. If anyone wants to meet up, just let me know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CCS: Championship Cup Series

They are racing on Saturday and Sunday.

They don't specify which track they will be running.

I don't think I can go on Sunday unless I can convince my girlfriend that "quality time" = Me, Her, and a bunch of guys going like hell to see cool bikes.... Yeah, that'll work...

If you guys decide to head up on Sunday, I'm still interested in a group ride on Saturday.

Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
So have we decided yet? I am going to let someone else make this call. I say that Summit is the first option, but if we want to do twisties that is great too. Someone gave me directions for a ride called the Deer Slayer. It starts in Thurmount, MD and ends up in Berkley Springs. Supposed to be pretty good. Also, I have heard that 211 in VA is good.

Bob

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, Time is short so i'm gonna try and bring this to a close.

Bob and Derrick are in for Summit Point on Saturday.

Bob,

Derrick and I will meet you at RT 70 / RT 97 @ 10:30.

Derrick,

You and I will meet @ the Park and Ride at the Intersection of rt 695 and rt. 70 @ 10:10. Anyone else want to join us on Saturday, meet us at either location or call me on 410 215 0076 and we'll try and set up another meet point.

SUNDAY,

Cliffrock, and all

If you want to head back to Summit Point for day two of racing or decide to go local riding (Bob's route selections sound GOOD) I'm in, but I need to be back in Baltimore by 3:00PM so if Summit Point is on, we may need to head up earlier or I can just peel off by 1:30.

Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks guys, that was a great.

First race I've gone to, and it was unforgetable. Those damn scooters are fast....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah, that was a lot of fun. I would love to do it again with the exception of my accident!

Also, I would like to wear a clown suit and ride a scooter next time. I told my gf that I wanted one and she looked at me like I had just sprouted another head!

Oh well. I will also have my camera next time for some great pics.

B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts