Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only good thing I can think of thats good about cold weather is Deer season. Got my first buck of the year at 7:10 this morning. 6 point dressing out at 138. For all you tree huggers and animal activists, it was a quick kill.:twofinger

·
Registered
193 Posts
nononononononononononononononononono!
Riding season is NOT over! Not in Cali anyway. Just went for a nice 70 mile ride this afternoon. Plan on doing it again right after Thanksgiving.

Way to go on the deer though!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Rub it in buddy. ;)

Congrats on the deer Shannon. My neighbors just came back last weekend with a couple. I don't mind the free steaks one bit. :D :drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
shannon muse said:
The only good thing I can think of thats good about cold weather is Deer season. Got my first buck of the year at 7:10 this morning. 6 point dressing out at 138. For all you tree huggers and animal activists, it was a quick kill.:twofinger
Way ta go Shannon..when do we get some steaks:D :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
No it isn't......

I don't see any snow on the ground yet. No snow=riding.

However 20 degrees doesn't make it as enjoyable as it usually is. But i'm just to lazy to drive to the commuter lot at school when i can park infront of the buildings i have class in if i ride.

·
Registered
137 Posts
its all about gear ,the good stuff will not only keep you safe but also warm and dry.........ok mostly
up here in the PNW if you can't ride in a little rain or cold you'd never get to ride:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
shannon muse said:

Hell it just started for me!I finally got the damn battery so I will throw some warm stuff on and ride this weekend :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bambi Killer! Just kidding dude good shot, Are you haveing a big venison feast and beer bash and everyones invited over? Keep riding in the cold, go to the local ski house and get fitted with a skimobile out fit you will be good for 10 bellow? Might look a little funny but who cares, I'll keep going till they pry my cold frozen hands from the grips.:cool:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually it's really not the cold as much as it is the tires that's stopping me. I can't even get into powerband in 1st without the ass end braking loose.

·
Registered
546 Posts
shannon muse said:
Actually it's really not the cold as much as it is the tires that's stopping me. I can't even get into powerband in 1st without the ass end braking loose.

I had the same problem until I replaced the oem tires then the dunlops heat up even in the cold weather.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you want some meat, Chris, I'll have mine back from processing in a few days and I make some killer jerky. I can mail jerky if some else out there wants some.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
qbclub13 said:

I had the same problem until I replaced the oem tires then the dunlops heat up even in the cold weather.
Im going to wait till spring on the new tires, I'll let you hook me up though at the shop :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Season is over for me...

Well, now it is. My wife and I had a 5 hour journey to our hometown for Thanksgiving and she drove the car...I rode my bike. Started out great...68 degrees at 2:30pm when I left out, but by 5:30pm the temp had dropped 20 degrees to 48 and I still had 2 more hours to go.

Well needless to say that by 7:30pm when I arrived at my in-laws, I was froze. Couldn't get warm to save my life. Now I've had the Flu for 3 days and my temp won't go down. I'm done with riding for this winter unless we get at least some 60 degree days....no more night riding for me.

·
Registered
702 Posts
shannon muse said:
Riding Season OVER!?!:mad:

Where? It was 80 today in Charleston, SC. I was sweating my but off. I think I road 100 Miles today. Tomorrow if I don't work on the house it's going to be 75 to 80 and I'll be riding again! :D

P.S. Riding Season is NOT over :eek:

Riding Club: All Weather Riders.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: Re: Riding season is over

minfinger said:

Riding Season OVER!?!:mad:

Where? It was 80 today in Charleston, SC. I was sweating my but off. I think I road 100 Miles today. Tomorrow if I don't work on the house it's going to be 75 to 80 and I'll be riding again! :D

P.S. Riding Season is NOT over :eek:

Riding Club: All Weather Riders.
yea it did get up to 73 today, but snow is in the forcast for later this week, go figure

1 - 20 of 31 Posts