Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I just got my bike about 5-6 weeks ago and I have this insane desire to ride a wheelie. This is basically my first bike and I am a beginer. I can almost ride a power wheelie in 1st. But no luck in 2nd yet. Am I doing alright for being such a new rider? Am I moving too fast or am I on pace? I also just ordered some sprockets and was curious if its too much too soon.....Front -1 Rear +2. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
vettewreck said:
Ok guys, I just got my bike about 5-6 weeks ago and I have this insane desire to ride a wheelie. This is basically my first bike and I am a beginer. I can almost ride a power wheelie in 1st. But no luck in 2nd yet. Am I doing alright for being such a new rider? Am I moving too fast or am I on pace? I also just ordered some sprockets and was curious if its too much too soon.....Front -1 Rear +2. Thanks guys

Most definitly. Work on braking, cornering, controlled power, exits, downshifting, picking lines, exc FIRST. I have been riding my whole life and there is still so much I have left to learn.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Bad idea bro. You're still learning to RIDE! No point in learning to stunt yet. Take it slow, get used to the bike handling and BRAKE and THROTTLE control. They are instrumental in wheelies. Take your time. Be careful with that sprocket change as well. While it is a great setup for street stunting, it is much more twitchy and torquey. Good luck and stay safe. Take your time with the wheelies. Better to have a bike that runs on two wheels that to wreck it on 1.

~The super :squid:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts