Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make boots in wide widths? I've never seen any, I can wear regular width boots ( D ) but I cant walk in them.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I have wide feet (EEE is my pref in shoes). However, the Sidis I have fit nicely. And they're considered NARROWER than Alpinestars. You've got to find a retailer carrying them to see for yourself.

It was a long road to find a retailer anywhere near me to check them out, and when I indicated the rates I'd seen online, they were more amiable to make a deal to close on the boots. I paid a slight premium (~$20-30) for getting them instantly. supporting a local vendor, and showing my willingness to throw them some business.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Alpinestars are narrower than SIDIs, I believe. I've had 3 pairs of Alpinestars and they killed my feet. I liked the SIDIs better but then I found the Gaerne GR-S and they are by far better. I have wide feet as well. My next pair of track boots will be the Frey-Daytona EVO Security though.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Look around & most will list their boots as EEE width though compared to another said EEE might be a hair wider or a fraction narrower. Personally I wear a D width in a boot------reason I have to look around & find out how true they are to said widths.

Personally I do not wear boots prefered by sportbike riders & so I go for Danner 'Fort Lewis' so if you might buy a HD pull on boot or want something just a bit better then a good hunting boot will do the job.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i have a fairly wide foot also, i used to wear CAT's but 365 days a year for 4 years are taking their toll. i got the icon field armors. the height of the boot is excatly the same as my CAT's and i have been wearing them all day for almost a week now. the do squeek a little but i think its going away. its like wearing a comfortable ski boot. thats the only way i can describe it. now i wouldnt go for a 10 mile hike in em but maybe a 2-3 mile :)

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Meat_Shield said:
the do squeek a little but i think its going away. its like wearing a comfortable ski boot.
Believe it or not, WD40 really makes any boot squeaks go away. Worked great on my Sidis :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts