Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Not for me. Drinking beer tomorrow at Penn Brewery and taking the MSF ERC on Sunday. Gotta get the DRZ back in one piece tomorrow morning (before the beer).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well there wasn't much of a showing for Saturday's ride, but FU all you missed a great day of riding. No Rain, although we saw some remnants of rain.

MattGriff and I did about a 350 miles total and tried out a couple of new roads that I will definitely use in the future. Matt had never been to Ohiopyle so we went there instead of down to Maryland. Took the rainman ride to 281 and came in the back way to Ohiopyle. This road actually was pretty clean.

Headed north from Ohiopyle and ended up at the Kittanning motorcycle fest around 4:00. The festival was pretty cool, with virtually no sportbikes of the 200+ hardleys that were there. We left before the 2nd band started, and called it a day.

Two new roads that I will probably do in the future.

SR259 from Rt 22 to Rt 30. Nice twisty road but could get ugly easily from Farms & Runoff. It was pretty clean for the ride though.

SR954 North of Indiana PA. another Nice twisty road to the middle of nowhere. Right outside of Indiania the roads are nicely paved.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
MilleRrrr said:
Well there wasn't much of a showing for Saturday's ride, but FU all you missed a great day of riding. No Rain, although we saw some remnants of rain.

MattGriff and I did about a 350 miles total and tried out a couple of new roads that I will definitely use in the future. Matt had never been to Ohiopyle so we went there instead of down to Maryland. Took the rainman ride to 281 and came in the back way to Ohiopyle. This road actually was pretty clean.

Headed north from Ohiopyle and ended up at the Kittanning motorcycle fest around 4:00. The festival was pretty cool, with virtually no sportbikes of the 200+ hardleys that were there. We left before the 2nd band started, and called it a day.

Two new roads that I will probably do in the future.

SR259 from Rt 22 to Rt 30. Nice twisty road but could get ugly easily from Farms & Runoff. It was pretty clean for the ride though.

SR954 North of Indiana PA. another Nice twisty road to the middle of nowhere. Right outside of Indiania the roads are nicely paved.
I was sleeping from working all night. :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
459 Posts
motorcycle festivel was a cool ride on saturday. meet bikefromhell at the bmw,triumph, ducati dealer on saturday morning to pick up his new ducati 749 dark. then jack,scottand a friend of jacks came in and we headed up to the festivel. had a great time and bikefromhell did great for not being on a bike for almost 3 years. of course after we got there his headlamp wasnt working and he had no inspection sticker. glad he got home before dark.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That 749 Dark is a sweet looking bike...

I did the MSF ERC course on Sunday. It was a hot and humid day in the parking lot at CCAC North. At least the ride on 910 to the ERC was nice since there was almost no traffic. I'm working on a ride report web page thing about the ERC, just so people know what it's like. I thought it was OK, mostly because it was free. Not sure I'd pay for it though. Some of the exercises were cool. Some were contrived. Probaby more useful for casual riders that don't normally think/worry about techinque than sport/sport-touring riders.

·
Registered
168 Posts
MilleRrrr said:
954 is nice enough from Indiana to Plumsville (jct 85), but the last mile or two before getting to 85 is beat up. It was re-paved last year north of 85 and is a nice ride in the country. There is an Amish village, Smicksburg, on 954 north of 85, if you're into that sort of stuff. 954 eventually meets with 210 to take you north to Punxy. Or you can make a left in Smicksburg and head over to Dayton where you can pick up 839, another twisty country road that takes you to New Bethlehem (jct 66/28).

I like riding up there. 536 is another good one (Punxy to New Beth). Not as technical as WV, but some nice sweepers and good scenery. Just keep your eyes peeled for piles of horse crap on the roads from the Amish buggies.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I will be watching weather as the week progresses. Sunday if the weather holds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts