Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there in Georgia interested in getting together for a ride to any place out in the sun? Mountains this time of year are really great. I live in metro Atlanta so just about anything in Georgia is within 2 hours. Let me know. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Skyline,

I live in Warner Robins. If you want to hook up one weekend and ride shoot me an e mail. I'll be riding this weekend. I have a 2001 Kawasaki ZX7R.

Brat

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heya you two, I live in Upstate SC (about 2 hours from Atlanta). If we could all find a midpoint to meet and some nice areas to ride to from there, I'm in for it. I just can't do anything this weekend or the next. Still have plenty of time though, as summer isn't here yet.

--Omega

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi all, I too live in Warner Robins. If anybody wants to get together please let me know. I've been trying to find some more people to ride with.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bratty Girl, Provis, ZRX, and Omega the weekend of 22-23 June I believe I have open. Would you all like another rider to join in, namely me? Let me know I would be interested in a good group ride. However we all might want to avoid the GA mountain area as ticket central is all over up there according to other forums that I am subscribed to. Let me know, by e-mail, pm or post it here. :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd be in. But I gotta say the Warner Robins/Macon area isn't all that great as far as the places I've been. But on that same note, I haven't been everywhere around here. But I'm going out again this weekend to look for some places in my area. But keep me posted as to where and when.

·
Registered
115 Posts
June 22-23

As of now, I believe the date is open for me. I don't know much if anything about the areas discussed, so I'll need directions and hopefully a cell phone number from one or all so that I can call should I get lost along the way. Depending on where the meet is, it'll take me a good hour and a half to two hours to get to Atlanta.
Any good meet points between Atlanta and Greenville? Or is everyone on the other side of Atlanta? Keep me posted. I don't know any areas around there so I'll just follow the group. Also, I'm not that strong of a rider. I don't know how experienced anyone else is, but if you're planning on carving corners at 90mph, you'll definitely lose me. I've only been riding for about a year. Let me rephrase that... I've only had my bike for a year, no track time, but I've taken 3 MSF courses. How experienced is everyone else? And what type of riding do you plan on doing? I don't want to be the stick-in-the-mud and slow everyone down because of my riding abilities.

Thanks and I hope to see all of you in about a week.

Omega

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been up in the GA mnts. a lot lately and the cop thing is a little blown out of proportion. Didn't see any last time out. plus the stupid squids keep them busy enough. Ride sanely and your ok.:cool:
Anyone interested E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Bad!

I totally forgot I had my work pager this weekend so I couldn't do anything. Not as though the weather was all that great, but if possible I'd like to meet up at some point in the near future.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Down in your neck of the woods the weather was bad but up here it was great. 75-80 with low humidity. Traffic was very light this sat. no cars and not many bikes. I didn't see any cops. Sorry you missed it:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello, I live outside of Cartersville, Ga (Northwest Ga) Post up or E mail me for the next ride. There are some pretty nice roads out here where im at. There is always a group of us that hook up on Sunday mornings at the local bike shop and head out from there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I got some parts in for my bike this last weekend and installed everything. I took a ride out to hwy 42 Sunday morning. It was pretty decent. It's got some good high speed corners (by "high speed" i mean 55 to 65 mph. of course. hehe) Okay maybe a little higher! Anyway, it's worth the drive, there were no cars and it's a nice area.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friday July 26 Time off from Work

I am taking an early weekend starting tomorrow. Anyone interested in a ride pm me or post it here. My bike has been in the shop for about two months and is just about ready to fly once more, this time with a new engine. Should be ready by lunch today, hopefully. Be safe and ride carefully.:D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Friday August 30

My rocket is once again flying after nearly three months of being benched. Feels like a brand new bike and is in need of some serious riding and so is the rider. The Feds are being generous to me and allowing me to take off of work and spend some time with my bike. Anyone here interested in a ride on August 30, Friday? Let me know by posting here, pm, or e-mail.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah sure i'll go for a ride wit you if your fed friends don't mind giving you an air lift to jville florida........:D Welcome back to the riding world.:p

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, sure i'll go ride wit you if your fed friends don't mind giving you an air lift to jville, florida. Welcome back to the riding world..:thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts