Sportbike World banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Lets Ride!

I am a big fan of group riding! And believe me I know firsthand what can happen when you ride w/ others! esp. if they're fast! The key I think is to know your limitations and don't be intimidated by more skilled riders. I have found however that the advantages are many and well worth it. I recently purchased a Chatterbox and let me tell ya' its great! Many advantages there also.....For those who are so dead set against groups I think you're missing something, imho :) But hey, whatever you like thats cool. Ride safe and ride often.

ps... I know where Green Cove is. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Not clear on all the specifics. But the word is that there will be a big bike gathering in Crestview for the weekend of the 18th and 19th. I'll post more info as i get it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Titusville Fl here. Its on the east coast about 30-45 min away from Orlando. Alot of sport bikes meet in Orlando on SR. 436 North of University at the Steak and Shake on Thursdays around 8 PM. A group near me in Merritt Island meets at Checkers on SR 3 at 8 PM. Sundays we ride to Palm Bay in the south end of the County. Theres a course set up there we race and ride on. Anyone interested in any or all of these shoot me a e-mail at [email protected]

Also, some of the guys that meet on Saturday are in MI Extreme. If you don't know who they are they have a great extreme vidio out. Check out http://www.mixtremes.com/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm heading to the Steak + Shake on SR 436 tomorrow night 5-23-02. I'll be there around 7:30 PM if anyone is interested. I'll be in my '98 ZX9, its green with "fake" number plates and a Firefighter sticker on the windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tampa,FL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man I am a little closer to orlando I am actually in Gainesville florida. I love to ride and I used to ride with Robert Basil in az the creator of this site but now Im here. Anytime you want to ride throw me a line. You can call at 352 384 3887
John
P>S> Buy the way I ride a 2001 gsxr 750 what do you ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fl Riders

FunkyJon,

See what you started....you did say that you were having a party for all of us at your house right?This is why your trying to get a head count, correct?

Wayne;) ;) I think Stacia and TJ heard that too:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will be a Miami rider once I get my bike, sometime in December. Getting a 99 suzuki Bandit 600S. Its had a bit of work done to it, jetted, advanced, exhaust, new sprockets and chain, 9K miles. No scratches or dents, the owner claims that it has never been dropped. Selling price: $3500. What do you guys think? Good deal? I was looking into a new F4i, but I think that is a little too much for me for a first bike. I am pretty petite, 5'1 120lbs. Yes, I am female, don't know how to ride, but I do drive a sports car and race at the local drag strip, so a 250 will get to be a little boring after a little while. I want something that I will not get tired of after a few months. Let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts
BrownEydTrouble said:
Will be a Miami rider once I get my bike, sometime in December. Getting a 99 suzuki Bandit 600S. Its had a bit of work done to it, jetted, advanced, exhaust, new sprockets and chain, 9K miles. No scratches or dents, the owner claims that it has never been dropped. Selling price: $3500. What do you guys think? Good deal? I was looking into a new F4i, but I think that is a little too much for me for a first bike. I am pretty petite, 5'1 120lbs. Yes, I am female, don't know how to ride, but I do drive a sports car and race at the local drag strip, so a 250 will get to be a little boring after a little while. I want something that I will not get tired of after a few months. Let me know!
you can lower the F4I. that was my wifes 1st bike for about 9 months then she moved up to my 98 GSXR750. The Suzuki SV 650 is also a great learner bike

61 - 80 of 88 Posts