Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, let's try this again.

Who is going riding on sunday? Weather is supposed to be in the 60's. I going somewhere, does not matter where.

Anyone else???

·
Registered
380 Posts
hey, I'm planning on going out Sunday sometime...don't know how far I'm going, since my tires are rapidly becoming slicks and haven't had time to get the new ones mounted.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I envy both of you! It is going to be really nice out. Oh, well. I dream of springtime and maybe new Ducatis. :rolleyes: I know it will be here soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That sound like an excellent idea.....

I am not familiar w/your neck of the woods....where do you like to ride down there?

I could be in your area around 10:30 or 11:00....or do you guys want to get going earlier than that?

Kathy I think I remember from and earlier thread that your husband has an XX (?).....would he be going?....I have never ridden w/another XX....that would be pretty cool.

Let me know....

·
Registered
76 Posts
Motorcycling in January! :D Just might have to take little spin. Watch out for road salt. Let's hear it for Maryland sportbikers. Yeah! :D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
inanima, can we follow again, we could do a few or so hours on sunday?

Yes 98Blackbird, hubby will be coming also.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Kathy,

The weather is too TEMPTING. I'm coming home from New York this weekend to ride. Let me know where and when on Sunday.

It will be good seeing everyone again.

Elcid, What's the news on your bike?

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll be out Saturday, maybe Sunday.

It would be fun to meet up with some of you guys.

98 BlackBird we could meet up here somewhere if you like, and anyone else wherever.

I'll be back Sat. night to check in.

You could designate a meeting place and time if you like.

I'm below Red Lion off of PA24

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the email Kathy. I haven't been a frequent visitor to the site, so I would have never known. I will try and make it. I have to see if my bike starts with out blowing up.

I'll check again for the updates.

·
Registered
380 Posts
meeting

lessee...want to meet at Loch Raven around 11 again? That seemed somewhat convienent for everyone around here, but probably not for those out of PA. Any other suggestions?

I'm up for anything, just can't do a lot of freeway driving or my cords will be showing by the end of the day.
:D

I'll check back tonight.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we goin riden

trouble and 98blackbird any suggestions?

Do you two know where Loch Raven Res. is? Do you want to met there?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Oh I envy you guys. I guess this will teach me not to store my bike in a different city from where I live...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was out all day today. Ended up West of Fredrick. Had to keep reminding myself it is late January! Didn't think I would be finishing my tire off in the winter!

Ok, Kathy, hubby with the bad ass Honda, Inanima, anyone else? Loch Raven at the dam would be good for me. Is 10:00 too early? I'll be good for a couple hundred miles as long as the roads are clean and twisty. Watch for cops in Loch Raven, they have no sense of 2 wheel fun. Pretend you don't see them and make them fade in the mirror real fast.

98 BlackBird ( the other bad ass Honda) where are you? Would be nice to have someone to ride down with. Are you in?

I'll check in about 11:00pm tonight, and again early Sun. morn. if need be.

Ok I'm done yapping. Lets roll!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey there trouble, 11:00 would be better for us to meet at Loch Raven. If you want to ride around and then come over to Loch Raven to meet up with us that would be okay.

I would rather not do freeway either! No fun!!!

See you there at 11:00 Loch Raven Dam.

Kneeslider951 are you still coming?

Let's not forget lunch in there also. Somewhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah..I'll be there also. I'll jot the phone numbers down. I always seem to get lost around that area, when they close the roads down for either walking or construction.

I went over my friends...dusted the bike and everything seems to be fine.

It would be nice to see you guys again.

:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kathy,

I will meet you all at Loch Raven Res at around 11 am

Trouble,
If you like we can meet up at Tom's (EXON) off of 83 exit 4 (old exit 1) around 10am....I stay there till around 10:15 then head down to meet the gang at Loch Raven Res.

See you alll in the am

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kneeslider951 said:

The weather is too TEMPTING. I'm coming home from New York this weekend to ride. Let me know where and when on Sunday.

It will be good seeing everyone again.

Elcid, What's the news on your bike?

Mike
Mike,

I am taking your lead :D and have the bike about 1/2 broken down. Mostly cosmetic work, but some functional. I broke down and bought two Pit Bull stands though.'

I am back and forth on getting rid of it and getting a 2001 996. I just need to find someone who wants my 7R.

Are you coming back to Maryland anytime soon permanently? We need to get some more trips to Summit together. No low-sides on country roads this time though!

Bob

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bob,

I'd love another project bike this year. I still have my place in Baltimore and I can't wait for spring. Summit is an absolute trip but I would REALLY like to follow up on the Deals Gap trip.

Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Kneeslider951 said:
[BI would REALLY like to follow up on the Deals Gap trip.
[/B]
I am certainly down with that. I just need to fit it into my trips to:
1. Road Atlanta
2. Laguna Seca
3. VIR.

Let me know when you are coming back this way for the summer and we can start planning something. It might also be cool to find out when the "website" trip is this year and meet everyone from the site down there.

B

1 - 20 of 34 Posts