Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ridden a Hayabusa? If so, how is it? Please elaborate as much as possible. The biggest bike I've ridden is only my F2. I'd like to upgrade soon.
Much thanks.

------------------
Thomas

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question!

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i sat on one. i really thought it was comfy feeling. it's heavy on the side stand, but holding it up, seemed balanced. i didn't like the fuel guage. they rub me the wrong way. it seems like a great bike

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
120 Posts
I HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO RIDE THIS BIKE FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES. IT WAS A 1999 MODEL BIKE AND I RODE IT IN A LIGHT RAIN. SINCE THE BIKE WAS NOT MINE I DID NOT PUSH IT VERY HARD BUT IN GENERAL I LIKED THE BIKE. THE ONLY THING I DID NOT LIKE WAS THE CLUTCH. IN THE CONDITIONS I RODE THE BIKE IN AND NOT HAVING RODE THE BIKE IN DRY CONDITIONS I FOUND THE CLUTCH TO VERY HARD TO LAUNCH. I WAS EITHER LOADING IT UP SOME OR SPINNING THE REAR TIRE. EVEN DEALING WITH A CLUTCH ON THE TL1000S WHICH IS THE SAME DESIGN I WOULD RECOMMEND GETTING A CLUTCH UPDATE FOR THE 1300. ALSO YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE 1999 BIKE IS FASTER SINCE ALL OF THE BIKES NOW HAVE A SPEED LIMITING SYSTEM NOW. I HEAR THAT THE AFTERMARKET IS WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM BUT I'AM NOT SURE THAT ANYTHING IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.

------------------
Todd [email protected] Upper Sandusky, Ohio

P

·
0 Posts
yEaH, aLl cApS iS aLmOsT aS fRuStRaTiNg tO rEaD aS tHiS. tHaNk yOu. :D

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
38 Posts
tHaTs SoMe PRETTY FUNNY STUFF... :D :D

but i'm sitll with my ninja and i'm really scared to ride a big bike like that too.

------------------
Too Young to ride, too old to not

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I've sat on one too at the dealership and it feels surprisingly light (for such a big one). Riding that bike in the rain had to suck...oh disaster, how thy dost tempt me... anyway, I'd like a comfy bike for longer trips for myself and my girlfriend. She weighs a whopping 89lbs and I a staggering 155lbs. Think it can handle that much weight??? Just kidding! Please continue the responses as I like to get info on what I want to buy if I can't ride it beforehand.
Oh, by the way, how the devil do I get those smiley faces and such at the end of my sentences??? I see all kind of nonsense and I want in on it dad blammit!
AND ONE MORE THING... YoU GuYs ArE A tRiP!!!
Be safe and ride on!!!

------------------
Thomas

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, by the way...I don't know if cutting down the top speed by maybe 8 mph will make that big a difference at warp speed anyway.
The power should be the same, just a top speed limited by ignition and fuel injection.
Still, if I had the room (and the death wish), I say LET ER RIP! If that were the case, it may be a "problem"
I may never know...

------------------
Thomas

P

·
0 Posts
89lbs? How old is she? :D Just kidding.

As for the smilies, look for the "smilies legend" over to the left, under "Your Reply" when you are posting.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good one....She's 21 and maybe 5'4"...I'm 23, 24 next month, and 6ft tall. Maybe I'll buy myself a birthday present... :D :D :D :D...
Oh, buy the way, who has actually been a passenger on your own bike? I took my neighbor out tonight for a ride since he has the bike bug. He wants an R6, R1, or GSXR750...or whatever he can get. I let him give me a spin, and it was quite a helpless and semi-frightening feeling with him darting around and so on....I got him back though... :eek: :eek: :D :D :D. That was my first and possibly last passenger jaunt...for a while at least...
Scare me huh buddy? Take this sudden and rapid lane change, this unexpected wheelie, this nocturnal blast around the curvies...
That'll learn him! :D :D :D

------------------
Thomas

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is this better I would not want to have you work to hard to read this. With the 2000 being slower on the top end by 8 mph that would not be to bad. Since I Drag Race and get to see the 99 against the 2000 at least once a month I have not seen the 2000 win yet. Even with the same rider making a pass on the two different bikes he was not able to make a pass close to the 99's times on the 2000. The bike has lost so of its power all the way across the rpm range. The ZX12 also has the same problem. When they brought the bike to Florida to PROSTAR event thier factory rider was down in the 9.5 second range and when a magazine had the same rider test the 12 for them the best he could do was a low 10 second pass. This is about the same we are seeing with Suzuki between the 99 and 2000 models. Will this make a big difference? It depends on the person. To me I would rather have a 1999 model. One last thing Yes it did suck riding it in the rain but I did get a chance to ride it before the owner wrecked it.

------------------

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man, that has to suck to have such a new and expensive bike wrecked, or any bike for that matter. What happened? Is your friend OK? I can't say I know anything about a power difference between the '99 and '00 models, and I haven't seen any drags. I was just told today by a guy that a Busa went down this weekend at the strip. The pilot broke a couple nuckles, but the bike survived with only minor damage. I stopped for this same guy on the side of the rode today. He had run out of gas on his F3, so I helped him out. Rode with a couple Busa's I chased down on the freeway going toward Galveston before that...got soaking wet on the way home...stopped at a gas station and met a guy on a '99 ZX9R who mentioned owning a '99 Busa which he put nitrous on and drag raced. Sold it for 9K when it started making engine noises after "a lot of miles"... Quit an interesting day for me...
I may have found a group to ride with on top of that... we'll see..
BE Safe!!!

------------------
Thomas

·
Registered
120 Posts
He was ok but the bike is no longer. We have also lost on person on a 1300 this year from the group that I race with. This was a off track crash to which I don't have many details except that the rider lost his life and the passenger did get lucky and made it through the crash. I can only wonder if the sub-frame for the tail section failed knowing how good the rider was to have had this happen to him. Well it is about 6:30am here in Ohio and I'am off to Norwalk Raceway Park for the Streetbike Nationals. If I get the chance I'll talk to a couple of 1300 owners for you and pass the info on for you. Notice no Caps. Thats twice now.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a 2000 blue/silver Hayabusa. The bike is incredible. It will do whatever you want it to. It can be a missle or it can cruise comfortably. It is a great all around bike but it does take discipline to ride it at the speed limit. I sat on the 12R and I thought the Haybusa had a better seat and was more comfy but everybody is different(I'm 5'11 175 32 inseam). The weight is perfect for my tastes. For higher speeds, I find the weight good for less buffeting from cross winds. I hate those damn winds and now I can say, screw 'em. Same with trucks. I happen to like the clutch but then again, I came from a harley whose clutch I challenge you to hold in for an entire red light. This clutch is hydraulic and is like butter to me. Neutral is easy to find(unlike the Harley). Shifting is smooth. I have a Valetine 1 mounted with remote audio. I also have Muzzy carbon slip ons which make an awesome sound and looks awesome. If you want more info let me know but I heartily recommend this bike. Words cannot describe the ride you have to experience it.
Michi

------------------

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Todd, I must say that I am sorry that you have to experience those sort of deals with your aquaintances. :( :( I hope I never have to. I appreciate your input. Michiman, since its such a comfy tourer, why don't you pilot your Busa down to hot as hell Texas? :p :p :p :D :D :D Maybe not...Hope you ha ve a blast with the beast. Thanks for the reply.

------------------
Thomas

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just for your information the racing at Norwalk Racway Park was ok but not that great. Again this race had some of that damn wet stuff fall. They got everything in between the rain and had to get the jet dryer out twice. I didn't get to talk to any owners but I did get to talk to a friend that was doing dyno pulls at the track. The highest HP 1300 was one with a turbo at 248HP. He also advised that most of the stock 1300's were between 145HP and 155HP. When I say stock most of these had a power-comander and they had thier computers at the track trying to get them at thier best on the dyno. I did get to see some passes made by the 1300's with most of them in the low 10's. I was shocked that very few went into the 9's and when they did they had many toys on them like the NOS 1300 that was running a dial-in of 9.65. Just a note since we did get rain at the track the crew at the track did have alot of traction compound on it and it was real humid. All of the people that I knew racing were off thier normal numbers by a few tenths.

------------------

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yo, Michiman! I do have a few questions for ya, if you don't mind. Do you run it through any twisty roads and if so, how does it handle (I know, better than a Harley!)? What other bikes have you ridden to compare it to? How does it wheelie? Power wheelie?
I appreciate your time on this...Oh, by the way...When it gets colder than a well digger's butt up there, come on down to much warmer Texas! I'll be happy to welcome you! I'll even keep you're bike in winter storage for you!!! :D :D :D
Be safe everybody!

------------------
Thomas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tech,
The bikes handling is awesome in the twists or straights. It will do whatever you want it to. My friend who has a SuperChicken was impressed at it's flickability and he is thinking of getting one. He thought his was fast until he rode mine. Yes the Superhawk has torque which everyone loves to talk about but mine does also...over 90 ft-lbs, about 20 more than his. I've ridden his Superhawk and a CBRF4 so not too many. You won't go wrong with the bike and just think, when someone ask you how fast it is, you can say "faster than your piece of sh**"..even to a slow R1. ;) Have fun and ride safe.
MichiMan

------------------

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just my $.02. At a local track, there's a guy w/a 99 Busa. 4-1 race pipe (actually, it has no baffle in the can!) and Power Commandoed way out there. He regularly runs between 9.30 and 9.5 at about 140ish. These are clocked runs at a real dragstrip. The bike just plain rips. Watching him launch, he obviously knows what he's doing. Very little wheelspin etc. I'd be lucky if I could get 11's out of that bike...if I didn't wheelie the darn thing right into the stands. About a month ago, he gave some old guy in a new Vette convertible about a half -track headstart, and spanked him hard! Just my two pence.

------------------
Cosmo
"Do you know how fast you were going, son?" "Gee officer, if I guess right, can I go home?"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts