Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal. I have had a nice engine in my garage looking for a home for a while now. I finally found a full size blazer that needed a new heartbeat and managed to pick it up for $100. Catch is I have to go to Connecticut to get it. I was thinking of riding the bike through Canada and once to CT, renting a Penske truck and putting the Blazer and the bike in the back of the truck and driving back home. Anyone ever attempted that? Also, can anyone recomend good stops along the way? Keep in mind I have just Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday to accomplish this so it will be a marathon.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I've ridden through Canada quite a few times. From here it is BORING until you get to Hamilton and the scenery changes somwhat. Only have gone as far east as Syracuse en route to New York City, so never went as far as connecticut. It can be done, I think it would be a great time. Heck anytime you are on the bike doing a long haul is a great time.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Route 20

If you get bored riding on 90 through New York I recommend Route 20 (especially through the Finger Lakes area).

Also watch your speed from Massachusetts to Connecticut the troopers are usually there to welcome you to their beautiful state.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Will customs give you a problem bringin the truck back thru without it being in your name yet? 2 border checkpoints to cross with it so you might wanna look into it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Supafly said:
Will customs give you a problem bringin the truck back thru without it being in your name yet? 2 border checkpoints to cross with it so you might wanna look into it.
I dont think there's a problem there at all.

I recently went to FL, and took a rental Envoy, from windsor, canada, pulling Clay's trailer with a Michigan Plate on it, towing 2 bikes inside that were owned by two different people than the two in the envoy.

and the border didnt' say anything at all, and I crossed 4 times over 9 days.

as long as you're straight with them... than they're usually pretty kewl.

BTW.. thanks again Clay.:D

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
almightys said:
being canadien and coming here frequently you should know its a roll of the dice on what youll get when you pull up to that booth. Either a pass without even looking at your identification :confused: or the rubber glove :eek:

I would want to eliminate any chance of questioning at the booth to enusre a "no rubber glove" day
just my :2cents:
That is so true! Good way of putting it Steve!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thanks for the advice guys. But, it looks like I will not have to ride the bike after all. I have a friend that is going to put his old 1 ton van on the road. I'm really glad. I was really worried about having to put the bike in the back of a truck with a big SUV that could have been not tied town as well as I like. It will just make for a better weekend for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts