Sportbike World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Chernobyl Riding

Somebody else posted this same story about a month ago. It's a great read.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy sent it to me. First I had seen of it. But I agree, it is a great read,,

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Not something I'd like to do, but amazing none the less.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
stangbanger13 said:
Minus the radiation of coarse.
Yeah, tiny draw back:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always heard anthing more then a chest X-ray was to much for the human body. This girl is riding around in fallout thick enough to see..Seems silly to me....

Wonder how bad 3 Mile Island was in comparsion?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Crashlanding said:
Wonder how bad 3 Mile Island was in comparsion?
there IS no comparison. 3 mile island could have been much worse than it was but it really was nothing compared to Chernobyl.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
yup a friend of mine posted this up not too long ago and it took me a bit to get the chance to read it all.. but well worth it.. I was amazed at the history of it all and the effect it had on everyone as well as how the plant delt with the situation.. after reading her story I looked up Chernobyl and read some more on it and she really knew her stuff :thumb: she did a very good job explaining it all and gave alot of insight into the disaster and some of the lives stories she unveiling through their personal belongings that were left behind... :(
With her Dad being a scientist I can understand how she could go into that area with her meter and explore.. she knew what was acceptable.. I don't know if I could though...:confused:

E.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yeah, I checked out her site a few months ago, and was enthralled about it! Such a horrible disaster, but so very interesting to read about it from someone who experiences it first hand. I'm also a fan of abandoned buildings and stuff so I related to it better!(I spent a couple years living in an abandoned resort in Liberty, NY called Grossingers that the company my Dad worked for bought and ultimately failed to acquire the funding to renovate it. It's been abandoned since 1986. HERE is a very unfinished page on my site about it that I'm slowly working on.)
Here is a link page containing a bunch more abandoned stuff if you're interested in that kind of thing like I am!
http://www.deathrock.net/ariadne/ruins.html

This page is my favorite:
http://www.mountainsanatorium.net/

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You mean nobody's told you guys that the site and story are a hoax/fabrication for the most part?

There's a few debunking sites out there.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hysyde said:
You mean nobody's told you guys that the site and story are a hoax/fabrication for the most part?

There's a few debunking sites out there.
That's a bummer! :(

Do you have any links to those sites?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Its a partial hoax. She was there on a tour, with her husband, but no bike rides. The pictures are real thou

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yeah, of course the pics are real, but I seem to remember that half of them weren't even hers, or taken in that town.... or something.:confused:

I'll find the link.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
stangbanger13 said:
shes not too bad looking.

That would be sweet to find a ghost town i could ride in. Minus the radiation of coarse.
you can't actually ride through, but you can ride to and walk through Fayette Michigan State Park,, it is a ghost town,, use to produce ice (before the comercial ice machine was invented, way before home refridigerators) and copper smelting town. Now it is a State Park and ghost town museum. http://www.exploringthenorth.com/fayette/town.html

1 - 18 of 18 Posts